klde

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mccabe

klde

Post by mccabe »

ok so i found out that i gotta klde not klze so i have been readen the fourms about my ecu options so i hear i can use a mx6 ecu but my fans will stay on all the time. but if i chip my k8 ecu for a de will i have that problem

cts my gs ha two green and balck but the de dosnt have one how do i fix that?
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: klde

Post by Daninski »

You'll have to drill and tap the DE. Just use a vaccum while your drilling to ensure no metal is left in the coolant line.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

i my have to take my IM off could i swap the neccks????
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires

Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

You have a '92 so the coolant sensor thing isn't an issue, just use a '93 probe/mx6/626 ECU aand VAF and you'll be perfect.

EDIT: Whoops didn't read that your motor only has one coolant sensor. In that case pick up a '94 KLDE ECU and find which plug is connected to the ECU (most likely the green one). The problems people have are when their harness only has 1 plug and they have to use an ECU that needs both sensors.
Last edited by Mad Cow on July 21st, 2009, 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

thank you mad cow thats what i wonted to hear

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”