I cant find the intake sensor

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
guitarman
antispam: No

I cant find the intake sensor

Post by guitarman »

:shock: Hellow ,as you read i cant find the intake sensor at my mx3 1992, 1,6 version!
I bought i tuned performance module from ebay so i must connect it with the intake sensor!
Any help or opinion abou the module?
Thanks! :wink:
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: I cant find the intake sensor

Post by Ryan »

Okay.

#1 Smack yourself on the head, you just bought a resistor.

#2 Thow it out

#3 Close the hood

#4 Drive the car.

If you want power, Ebay isn't the place to look just yet. Any sort of 'electronic upgrade' is aboslute BS. That thing you bought fools the ECM into thinking there is more air flowing than there is, making it dump more fuel into the cyls, which will not only hurt your performance, it will hurt your gas mileage and eventually your wallet, and your car if you're unlucky.

Not to mention you could have made that thing yourself using a screwdriver.

Your little 1.6l SOHC 88HP beast isn't a performance sports car.... yet.

The SOHC has no real aftermarket support. For any tangible gains, you need a swap or a custom tubo set up.

There is no such thing as bolt on power. There is no easy and cheap way to power.

Sorry for being harsh, but you clearly have the wrong idea about vehicle performance.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
guitarman

Post by guitarman »

Thanks Ryan! As you understand i dont know alot about the cars and engines!If you have time look at this topic,this is the fake mod http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REAL-PER ... ccessories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I dont have the confidence to have alot of hp at my little engine but the only that i want is allitle bit more accelleration.So look at this and tell me if it also a fool idea : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks alot again :help:
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

oh boy...
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Haha, yeah here comes the electric turbo again...

Crap! all CRAP! Don't buy anything like that!! EVER!!!

Bad! Crap! BAAAD!

No, don't buy anything like that. What else can I say? NO!

Quit looking for more acceleration. Its not possible. You have 88HP. This isn't a drag vehicle. You want acceleration, swap a BP. Thats the best bang for your buck. You want more power, turbo. But thats a lot of work.

Without modifying anything major, you will never exceed 88 hp. You will only reduce the losses of the system (average vehicle is only 15% efficient). To go OVER 88hp you must modify something significantly (flow of intake, exhaust and head, valve lift and duration, timing, compression ratio, volume of cylinder (physical and effective)) and most importantly tune to maximize benefits. By tune I mean get a standalone (or piggyback, but standalone preferred) and phyiscally write fuel maps and such things.

HP is never bolt on and go. Not anything significant at least.

The power options for you, in order of simplicity are:

-BP swap - Direct bolt in. Easy peasy. This is a motor swap. +50HP/$500
-Turbo BP - Same but add the turbo. kits available. upto +200 HP/$3000, not much more has been done.
-Turbo B6 - harder because the engine was so rare. upto +100 HP/$2000. not much more has been done.

All of these will require quite some mechanical skill.

And to notice anything, you must exceed the 88hp.

If you HAVE to buy something for that motor, make it catback exhaust and a CAI. Those will fit on the next motor, and will probably see you the only gains you'll find.

Check the FAQ. http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=24" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check out what some people have done in worklogs. All of them have something good in them. http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=46" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Use this: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/search.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Its a little tricky to learn to work with, but we literally have ALL the answers. Its been asked before. I guarantee it.

and READ! Its the only way you'll learn.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
guitarman

Post by guitarman »

:D thanks for one more time Ryan! So help me! Where can i found BP swap on internet market and learn about that .Is it very difficult to install on my car ?I dont know anything about that!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

OH MY GAWD...

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAAHAHAHAHA

HAHA

i think pee just came out!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Come on .. we all start somewhere.

Ryan's absolutely right.

Your best bet is an engine swap. Basically the steps are:

- Find the engine you want to buy. Ebay is a good search engine, but you have to be careful who you buy from as not all sellers are legit. If you want, you can post here if you think you've found a good one. Most of us can recognize if it's a fraud seller or if the engine looks good. I can't help you on the search terms - I don't know much about the 4cyl engines. Someone else can tell you exactly what kind of engine, but I'd personally suggest a BP turbo if you have the means.

- Order the engine and have it shipped to your door. Just DO IT! You can wait for the perfect moment, to collect all the tools, to save up enough ... etc. But nothing motivates like having an engine sitting in your garage / livingroom. :)

- Have someone knowledgeable take a look. Check the oil quality, cams, cylinders, manifolds, wiring harness (if included), sensors, oil pan, etc. If the engine looks bad, return it ASAP. Get your money back. If it looks good, sit on it.

- Keep reading various posts at this site, and collect the tools or parts you'll need for the swap. Things like spark plugs, possibly wires, gaskets, bolts, linkages, hoses, etc. You can reuse many of your components, but if they look questionable, change em now. Might be worth doing timing belt as well. Also consider sway bar endlinks (they always rust in place), axles, motor mounts, etc.

- If you're mechanically inclined, wait until you have $1000 sitting around and a week of free time, and start your swap. There are lots of swap guides. It's an easy swap, but it is still an engine swap. It's a lot of work. And if you run into trouble, you'll want some cash to replace broken tools, buy "specialty" tools (if needed.. ie. a really short 14mm wrench, bleeder/brake line wrench, etc), maybe clutch/flywheel, etc. You'll discover a lot along the way.

- If you're not, find a garage you trust, and meet with a mechanic. Explain what you want to do, and see how he feels. It should take a pro no more than about 8-10 hours for a complete swap.

Then, enjoy real HP.

I myself did a KLZE swap (v6 1.8L -> 2.5L) and it was the best thing I've ever done.

This being said, if it's too soon to take on a project of this magnitude (and it will consume your thoughts for a good month or two at least), your next best bet would be:

Headers, high-flow cat, less restrictive muffler
Cold ram-air intake
Weight reduction

This could pick up maybe 5-10hp, and shave a 1/2 second off your 1/4 mile. Maybe.

EDIT: In fact the more I think about it, your best bet might be weight reduction. If money's no object, things like:

- AGM battery (14-26AH, heat rated)
- CF hood
- Remove the spare tire
- Lightweight wheels
- Remove A/C (if equipped, and if you can live without)

Every 100lbs you remove is the equivalent of adding ~5hp.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
muttpower

Post by muttpower »

^^ :werd: 100%

Also like he said, sure it's a little funny, but we all gotta start somewhere. gotta crawl before you can walk. At least he's asking for help from experienced people on this forum.(well, maybe not all of us qualify as people) He could do like most ricer-teenager-wannabees, and find out the hard way that cutting springs, fart-cannon's and dropping in a cone-filter with tons of decals won't get you crap but harrassment from the po po, and laughs from real tuners.

But yeah, I'd listen to Ryan too. He's a bit of a smart-a$$, but he does know his sh!t.
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
guitarman

Post by guitarman »

Thanks alot guys your infos are very important for me ! :welder:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”