JDM engine info plz help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazda915

JDM engine info plz help

Post by mazda915 »

ok so how can i tell if an k8 engine is jdm ... i know klze are jdm and the rest of them , well some . but does any one know how to tell a jdm engine on a k8 ??? thanks guys .
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
ganue
Supporting Member

Re: JDM engine info plz help

Post by ganue »

No EGR is probably the easiest way....
1993 GS SE - "slow" (Stock) - SOLD
1993 GS SE - "fast" (Curved neck KLZE, OBX headers, custom 2.5" exhaust, KL36 ECU, Exedy Probe GT clutch, KL36 LSD - the real one, Lantis Type R lefthand halfshaft - unfortunately worth mentioning)- SOLD

1993 GS SE - acquired 4/28/2013, SOLD February 28, 2015

1985 RX-7 GSL-SE - SOLD
2003 VW GTI 1.8T
2009 Mazda5 Grand Touring
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Out of curiosity, why bother?

K8's and KLDE's are a dime a dozen.

Although, the K8ZE has a higher rev limit, and I'm sure something else must be different... not sure what.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Ganue is right it will have no EGR. I don't think anyone I've ever heard of has done anything with a K8ZE (which is the designation of a JDM K8). It is rated with slightly more power but I think it has the same cams as the A-spec. I think the difference is with engine management.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
muttpower
antispam: No

Post by muttpower »

wytbishop wrote:Ganue is right it will have no EGR. I don't think anyone I've ever heard of has done anything with a K8ZE (which is the designation of a JDM K8). It is rated with slightly more power but I think it has the same cams as the A-spec. I think the difference is with engine management.
^^ :werd:
The extra HP and no rev/speed limit comes from the ECU. This is why the ECU was one of the first parts taken from my AZ3 donor car. It's nice to drive 120+ mph without having the fuel cut off kicking in, especially here on the autobahn, aka German International Speedway.
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

well thanks for the info guys !! so i just bought a jdm k8 . my american k8 took a s--- and motor blew so i should be getting the motor this week :D
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

You need to document the swap very thoroughly. AFAIK no one has done this on this forum. I have always wondered if it would be a direct bolt in or not.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

I have the k8ze swap, no egr on the motor when it came, but have since installed it, and the cams have different stamps as far as I know....
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

wytbishop wrote:You need to document the swap very thoroughly. AFAIK no one has done this on this forum. I have always wondered if it would be a direct bolt in or not.
It's just a K8ZE, no different than K8DE, ZE or DE swap really. Just a K8 with a 7500rpm redline and 5hp more,
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

ok so i just got my car running came out today out of my uncles shop and it runs real nice i love it took alot of work but im happy sounds better feels better just eff ' en happy lol !! so just braking it in and stuff and it was just a bolt on just had to use a dif seal for thr tranny .
mikeetown
antispam: No

Post by mikeetown »

what do you mean different seal?? I am going to do this swap at the end of the month??
Can i get this seal for the tranny at any auto parts store??
mikeetown
93 Black GS - J-spec KLDE, CLEAN CAR
92 Red GS - J-spec K8ZE, stripped interior - Written off
2004 Infinity G35 Track Edition - 6 speed manual
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=79142
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Why would you bother with a k8ze? it would have been cheaper to go with a klde. k8ze will not overpower a stock de. Availability of the k8ze? Im confused..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

mikeetown wrote:what do you mean different seal?? I am going to do this swap at the end of the month??
Can i get this seal for the tranny at any auto parts store??
hey man hows ur k8ze after all ?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hey what.. mazda915.. are you eddie?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

hgallegos915 wrote:hey what.. mazda915.. are you eddie?

no its me isaac eddie has the Klze he is puromx

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”