Which coolant temperature sensor?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mok86

Which coolant temperature sensor?

Post by mok86 »

I have a 94 RS DOHC, i want to replace this coolant temperature sensor: http://mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php?fil ... F1-162.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
as my idle drops very low when the car gets hot

What is the part # that i should get off rockauto? i know it's a 2 wire type but are TX40T, TX40 , 5S1517, TS10051 , D583 the same?

Or can it be this:

http://www.autopartsway.ca/autoparts2/i ... ~keysensor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

( based in canada)

thanks.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Which coolant temperature sensor?

Post by Ryan »

Thats the green one, right?

I doubt its gone bad, but they are fairly universal. I'd try an autoparts store, only like $20. Should be easier, about same price, and you can compare it 1st hand to the one you have and return it if it's not the right one.

Internet shopping has some downfalls.

I'd try adjusting your idle otherwise before buying a new sensor.

This isn't the right way to do it, but let the car get to operating temp and slowly turn the screw found in that hole on the throttle body until it sits where you want. CCW I think for idle-up
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
mok86

Re: Which coolant temperature sensor?

Post by mok86 »

yea i bought the one from autopartsway.... i'll install this weekend and keep you updated

as for adjusting idle...the idle has been adjusted a billion times hahaha even my mechanic thinks its a devil car... haha like the idle sits at 1k but when it heats up it drops to 500... but this only happens if i'm paused for long enough as in 5 seconds or longer....otherwise it idles at 1k....if i adjust the dropped idle higher... it'll idle reallly high for stops shorter than 5 seconds def waste of gas lol...

heres hoping this will fix it~!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”