Auto to 5 speed Manual swap with KLZE

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
Silkwyrm

Auto to 5 speed Manual swap with KLZE

Post by Silkwyrm »

So I'm swapping a KLZE and 5 speed into an SE that had an automatic trans. My problem is the same as a few people here have had and after searching the forums I haven't seen an answer. The harness plug for the Auto trans is yellow with 12 pins. I know you can jump wires on the Neutral safety switch plug to get the car to start. But I want the neutral safety switch and the Reverse lights to actually be functional. If anyone has done this or at least has a pinout diagram for that 12 pin plug please post.

Thanks,
Rik
muttpower
antispam: No

Re: Auto to 5 speed Manual swap with KLZE

Post by muttpower »

Have you checked the online manuals section of mx3.com????I'm fairly certain I've seen the diagram in there.
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Actually I have looked through the manuals. And couldn't find anything on the plug I'm looking for. Tried figuring it out from the electrical schematics but I'm not good at reading those and the schematic printouts seem barely legible to begin with. So really hoping someone has dealt with this and can provide a quick and easy solution.
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

What about swapping wiring harnesses? When I do my BP swap, i'm planning to swap the harness to rid myself of all the auto crap. (plus, I reaaaally don't feel like splicing into the harness..)
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Finding and replacing a whole wiring harness just to make these two things work seems like a lot of headache with too little payoff. Two days ago I finally got everything necessary together and started her up. The downpipe wasn't connected to the headers due to fitment issues. (cheap ebay headers.) So when it started it was so loud and mean sounding. Soooooooooo sweeet. It's got me so excited to get everything else back together and looking and running good. So I dont think I wanna go stripping out the wiring harness. By hooking the pedal clutch switch up to the jumpered plug I guess that's good enough for start up safety and since no here seems to know or be willing to assist with the reverse light issue, I'll just go at it the long way and just check continuity to the reverse light wires till I find where they are on that plug.

Thanks for the response though.

KLZE POWER BABY YEAH!!!!!
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Because this was the result of the trans swap I figured the answer could be found here. Somehow I missed the obvious. For those who find this thread in the future the answer is in the Electrical and Lighting forum here:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=67202" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or when searching for neutral switch spell it "nuetral switch"
hush22

Post by hush22 »

^^^ Hey Im brand new to the fourm, and Im currently searching for information based on this topic. I have a 92 auto mx-3 that is currently getting a 95 mx-6 engine and manual trans mission. So as of now Im looking for a thread for auto to 5 speed 2.5 swap. What ecu? What wiring? Thank you. Hope anyone can point me in the right direction.
muttpower

Post by muttpower »

hush22 wrote:^^^ Hey Im brand new to the fourm, and Im currently searching for information based on this topic. I have a 92 auto mx-3 that is currently getting a 95 mx-6 engine and manual trans mission. So as of now Im looking for a thread for auto to 5 speed 2.5 swap. What ecu? What wiring? Thank you. Hope anyone can point me in the right direction.
Just do a search and quite a few FAQ's and posts are already created for this subject. Just click on search at the top of the page and type in transmission swap.
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
hush22

Post by hush22 »

^^^thank you so much
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Yeah the FAQs are the best place to start. Then if you have a problem you can't find the answer to, search all the forums. If still no answer then post the question. I can tell you that since your replacing both the engine and trans at the same time this will be fairly simple since you can get everything built while it's out of the car. Take lots of pictures of where everything is connected before you pull out the old engine and trans. Bag and label any parts with the fasteners that you remove. The hardest part of the swap to me is actually swapping out the pedals. Pulling out the drivers seat helps but still a big pain in the back.

Good luck and have fun.

Return to “Transmissions”