WTB: Another MX-3 -New York

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
jl22rod

WTB: Another MX-3 -New York

Post by jl22rod »

I had a 1992 mazda mx-3. It had a severe water leak after my friend hit a guardrail with it. I had repaired it and drove it for a while and it didnt leak at first but then winter came and it started leaking. It also needed a headgasket and rear shocks and rear brakes and a emergency brake and the flex section had blown out on the downpipe. So needless to say i sold the car. It also had cancer (rust) near the rear wheel well on the right and at the bottom of the doors. I am currently driving an eagle talon dl and it sucks because its an automatic and I miss my 5 spd. mx-3. Please, if you are looking to sell your mx-3 and you live in/near new york email me... jlralston22@yahoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" I really want another mx-3 but all of the ones on craigslist are junk'd or too far away. Another question would be does anybody know what I would need to do to get up into Canada to get one? The mx-3 seems a lot more abundant in Canada, which would make my search a whole lot easier. I dont have a passport, and dont know what I actually need to do to import a car. I am currently working with about $900 plus the talon. I also have 17" ADR Sudoku 10 spoke rims /New Hankook tires I could possibly work out a cash and trade or whatever, I really want another mx-3, 5spd!!! I want it to be drivable, with little or nothing wrong with it mechanically and cosmetically. some dents/rust are ok, no craters/holes, no non-running.
*JROD*
onlytrueromeo

Re: I want to buy another mx-3 New York

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I looked into getting an mx3 from canada...its not impossible, but its slightly difficult. Your best bet is to go to call one of the main border crossings and ask them. You will need to download and fill out a few forms then turn them in to the state and at the border I believe.

Keep in mind I didn't actually bring a car across, I just looked into it, but found a car in Jersey instead. (ebay) Budget 2k for a nice looking car...your biggest concern here will be rust and whether or not you can get it home. If you buy in canada, I suggest doing it during the week when the DMV is open. Get the car to the border and park it, buy it, etc. Then go get a license from NY so you can drive it back, otherwise you will have to tow it - AFAIK they only give temp. plates to dealers so its a PITA.

Keep looking. Expand your search. It took me 4 months to get a car that was far from perfect, then right after there were lots of cars that were better but I had already spent the money...sigh :x

Where in NY are you? I'm in Potsdam (20 mins from canada) and my parents live in Albany where I will be for half the summer. If there are any cars around these areas I can check them out for you!

Are you looking for 4bangers or v6s?
jl22rod

Re: WTB: Another MX-3 -New York

Post by jl22rod »

Thanks for the info. I liked my 4 banger because of the gas mileage but I would like either a 4 or 6 banger. I know of a dealer that has a single owner 1992 with 62k miles. mint but I have no way to get 3grand and no cosigner or credit. my credit is ZERO. damn. I know I'd seen some nice ones on ebay before but they dont seem to have very many on there at the monent. I know I will eventually have another mx-3 someday, but until then -FRUSTRATION.
*JROD*
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

How much cash do you have all together with car? I live in Canada 5 mins. from Vermont border, I have 2 MX-3 but want to buy another one for the KLZE in it (its in Ontario). I want to upgrade my 1.8 to the KLZE but my 1.8 & tranny ect is still good. I was going to do an engine swap, I already bought a new timing belt ($150 can from Mazda).

I was planning on putting the extra gs v-6 5 speed stock up for sale at a reasonable price. You could get yourself a sweet deal on a car, especially if you wanted to come to Canada for a day or two & help put everything together.

He s asking $2500 for the GS i want & if I strip the KLZE the price of the car would go down a lot.

Cars in Canada are not as cheap as you think, there are quite a few but the prices are not that cheep even with the 20% exchange.

let me know if you are interested
1994 GS 5 speed 1.8, fresh black paint, flowmaster muffler & Little smelly pine tree
1993 RS 5 speed SOHC with 89,000 original KMs! (rising fast though).
1994 RS 4 cyl auto- running parts car with 104,000 KMs
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I have my 95 for sale and it's ready to go. Had a safety done 5k ago. I would be surprised if it needed anything for a safety and it passed our Etest with flying colours. Other than new valve cover gaskets I don't think it needs anything. Check out my [FS]. No Rust, working A/C. Can't ask for more than that. lol I have good feed back and people know me here. Ask fieromx3 or johnmx3ze, they've both seen the car. Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68137" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Daninski on April 27th, 2009, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

sounds really nice!
1994 GS 5 speed 1.8, fresh black paint, flowmaster muffler & Little smelly pine tree
1993 RS 5 speed SOHC with 89,000 original KMs! (rising fast though).
1994 RS 4 cyl auto- running parts car with 104,000 KMs
mikeylinden

Post by mikeylinden »

I also have my mx3 for sale, its a 1992 GS, A\T, Sunroof, . No rust. Needs brakes, i already have the rear brakes, but now the fronts need replacing, it could also use tires. The only reason im looking to sell it is because i already have too many cars and REALLY dont feel like putting money into it haha. If its something you might be interested in let me know, i was looking to get maybe 1500 for it.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Mines newer with A/C and the brakes are new and INSTALLED. lol

Edit; tires are good as well. lol
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

try searching in the jersey area, thats where i got mine, 500 bucks

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”