car dragging?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
CrimsonReign1

car dragging?

Post by CrimsonReign1 »

my car started dragging (more in 1st and 2nd then any other gear) but it sounds like there are 2 engines running at the same time then it syncs and the car starts running normal again (if that makes sense). I found out my oil supply was bone dry so i filled it all up again, let it idle with the oil for a while then took it for another drive but its still running the same. it usually runs normal after around 4000 rms but its a bit differant everytime.
sorry if this has been posted before but i looked through the last couple pages and found nothing.
93 SE, black
Daveb

Re: car dragging?

Post by Daveb »

Ouch, running out of oil is very VERY bad. Is your check engine light on ? Check the accordian hose from intake to Air filter box (check box too) to start, duct tape tempory fix if anything leaking/Cracked.

If everything looks OK there, I d guess distributor, I ve got 2 burnt ones in my garage.

Checking your spark plugs, wires, cap & rotor good plan too.

good luck
1994 GS 5 speed 1.8, fresh black paint, flowmaster muffler & Little smelly pine tree
1993 RS 5 speed SOHC with 89,000 original KMs! (rising fast though).
1994 RS 4 cyl auto- running parts car with 104,000 KMs
CrimsonReign1

Post by CrimsonReign1 »

thanks for the info, turns out it was the hose that goes from the intake box to the engine, major crack.
93 SE, black
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

hah, i luv being right.
1994 GS 5 speed 1.8, fresh black paint, flowmaster muffler & Little smelly pine tree
1993 RS 5 speed SOHC with 89,000 original KMs! (rising fast though).
1994 RS 4 cyl auto- running parts car with 104,000 KMs

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”