Car Run Normaly, Stall's won't restart !

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Moparfans

Car Run Normaly, Stall's won't restart !

Post by Moparfans »

Hi !

I Think some of the member here already saw this trouble on other Mx3 ! I Have a 1993 Mx3 GS with the K8 and the problem is the car will run normaly and stall suddently warm or cold, even if it's Cold, Hot or Raining outside ! It won't restart t'ill getting some sign of life, need to pump it when it does to get something of it, i've already reach to restart it and ran badly to good and after stalled again ! So I Checked the Fuel Pump Connection they are Good, Pump is working,i've checked there's Fire but now the car Won't start and ran the last 2 day without stalling !

Like describe on the net by other owner of the car they were talking about the ICM located in the distributor ( Ignition Control Module ) Mine is a little bit loose and moving ! So I Checked the Distributor, Primary Coil : 0,99 ohm ( SPEC : 0.43-0.79 ohm ) I Don't know if it's wrong if I have more than the Spec, I know that less than 0.43 Need to replace the Distributor !

Seconday Coil : I Need to recheck it so I'll give you my result soon ! ( SPEC : 20-31 Kohm )

Anybody as an Idea ? :?:
Mad Cow

Re: Car Run Normaly, Stall's won't restart !

Post by Mad Cow »

Does it stall after warming up or just randomly? Do you smell gas when you try to start it?
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

sounds like distributor. next time it stalls and won't start, check for spark at that point.
no spark = bad ditsy
Moparfans

Post by Moparfans »

Mad Cow wrote:Does it stall after warming up or just randomly? Do you smell gas when you try to start it?
The guys that sold me the car said randomly, but it didn't happend with me ! Can Ran for 2days without problem, like I said there was Hesitation on the acceleration between 2000 & 4000 RPM that's all ! And the 3rd Day the car didn't Start ! Did one time but runned like crap and stalled after getting better like it Shut Off directly ! Yes it Smell's gas look like an Ignition Problem to me ! And it doesn't stall when it's warmed up, i Know it would be the Distributor at this point ! I'll give another check on the Seconday Coil 2day for the Ohm value if it still between 20-31, I could get a free distributor to try it, so I think it need's a distributor replacement !
Moparfans

Post by Moparfans »

Okays I Did a recheck on the Distributor on Primary and Secondary Coil !

Primary Coil : 0,99 ohm ( SPEC : 0.43-0.79 ohm )
Seconday Coil : 17.95-18.05 ( SPEC : 20-31 Kohm )

As I see it is Out Of Spec, maybe I should replace first the Distributor, as I saw Pump is not giving the right Flow, Like not enough so I Primed the line like 2-3 time's and Car did try to start ! So i'll check by Replacing the Pump and Distributor ! :werd:
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

You should do the HEI+external coil mod, it's alot cheaper and is more powerful and more reliable than a new distributor.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
Moparfans

Post by Moparfans »

Okays I Need Some Serious Help... ! I just Changed the Fuel Filter and Fuel Pump.. and nothing the car don't want to Start.. nothing, there's fire and Gaz ... !??? :shrug:
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

i had the same prob man and i did a full tune up on my car like every thing and it still does it when the car is warm when i did it againe so i put that Z- max injecter cleaner and it worked good made a big difference and my car ran good the prob went away but there can be many other stuff why it may do that but i know this is one of them cuz that was the same thing happening to me .
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”