TMaC4t4's '95 5spd GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!

what color should i paint the car?

stock
No votes
red
No votes
blue
25%
green
No votes
mate black
No votes
white
25%
gun metal grey
50%

Total votes: 4

tmac4t4

TMaC4t4's '95 5spd GS

Post by tmac4t4 »

so ive moved on to another project..the 94 GS automatic has been passed on to the girlfreind. (who wants to klze a automatic anyways?)

i picked this car up for 300 bucks as pictured. carbon fiber tails, exhaust, 6 brand new tires along with a brand new timing belt,plugs,wires, and other stuff....it has a issue, im thinking the timing is off. The previous owner was told by his mechanic (who did the timing belt 3 weeks ago) that it now needed a head gasket. :confused2:...nothing a klze cant fix?
also today i picked up a new front bumper, along with some led turn signals..i also picked up 2 intake manifolds along with 2 valve covers..all for 75$ :D

here's some pics

i have some rust that needs attending, along with that moisture in the tails

ImageImageImageImage
Nd4SpdSe

Re: TMaC4t4's '95 5spd GS

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

tmac4t4 wrote:what color should i paint the car?
What ever color YOU decide on...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

haha well yeah..personaly im leaning towards flat black...however the dash has been painted blue..and it was HORRIBLY done..so maybe i should change the poll to what should my secondary color be :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

lol @ Tunable silencer
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Nice deal!
When you say "Painted the dash", I hope you don't mean the top!
I think flat black is great :wink: If you keep it clean, and waxed, it looks awesome (I don't keep mine clean and waxed FTL). I think oyu should strip the paint off, and go back to black on the dash.
Good luck with the project. I hope it is something easy. I can't remember ever hearing of a GS that blew a head gasket.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

fowljesse wrote:Nice deal!
When you say "Painted the dash", I hope you don't mean the top!
I think flat black is great :wink: If you keep it clean, and waxed, it looks awesome (I don't keep mine clean and waxed FTL). I think oyu should strip the paint off, and go back to black on the dash.
Good luck with the project. I hope it is something easy. I can't remember ever hearing of a GS that blew a head gasket.
You can't strip the paint off the dash, believe me, I've tried. I've used 2 different kinds of chemical paint strippers, both worked fine on the trunk panels but they melted the dash panels. By melted I mean they took off the texture and made everything all nasty and bumpy. It took me hours to sand the shifter surround down to almost smooth, but it still looks like crap. I gave up on the main dash panel.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That sucks. Maybe there's a special kind of paint remover that an autobody store would know about.
Did you try Acetone? I heard that it works for that.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

also try thottle body cleaner.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Swanny

Post by Swanny »

Eric's car? $600!?
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

the dash was painted blue,and no not the top lol, the peice that surrounds the cluster, its all chipped and peeling and you can see right through it and see the primer..competley half assed..i swapped out the mass air flow sensors today to see if that was my problem..still runs rough, but i also have never heard of a gs blowing a head gasket. im almost positive the previous owners mechanic messed up on the timing belt job, its the only thing i can think of now, no coolant in the oil and vice versa, doesnt leak on the ground either...and yea the muffler is kinda funny i thought the same when i seen it..but sounds alot louder than my other mx..and thats WITH the silencer. kinda makes me all tingly inside just thinkin about it :love:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”