New guy with a bpt swaped mx-3

This section is for NEW members to introduce themselves.
BlackMazdaMx-3

New guy with a bpt swaped mx-3

Post by BlackMazdaMx-3 »

Hi I have a 1993 Mazda Mx-3 with a bpt swap.

Here is my car domain so you guys can see my car.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3139490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No longer the daily driver i now have a 1993 Mx-3 GS that is B6 swaped for the daily. Due to not wanting to drive the nice car in the winter.
93 Mazda Mx-3 rs,BP-T swap,22psi,custom fmic,Custom 2-1/2 downpipe with external dump,2-1/2in downpipe back exhaust,Tuned with Megasquirt on E85,Mazda protege G-series transmission,GS rear disk brake swap,H&R lowering springs,corksport front/rear strut tower brace. Dynoed at 300hp and 330tq Mustang dyno, 8.5@87mph 1/8mile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3139490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

93 Mazda Mx-3 GS,BP swap. Daily driver
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: New guy with a bpt swaped mx-3

Post by fowljesse »

Welcome! How hard was it to go from 6 to 4 cyl.? That's the most unusual swap I've heard of.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
BlackMazdaMx-3

Post by BlackMazdaMx-3 »

Only took one day to swap it we just got all the parts from the locale salvage yard. I had the engine but no good trans. Needed shift linkage,lower support bar,lower mounts,tranny mount,slave cly and line,wireing harness,ecu,axles,left side engine mount and bracket,radiator,hoses,fuel filter and lines and the transmission. That all cost $263. regasketed the entire engine cost me $100 the day before. So i had 2 days and $363 plus the cost of fluids.
93 Mazda Mx-3 rs,BP-T swap,22psi,custom fmic,Custom 2-1/2 downpipe with external dump,2-1/2in downpipe back exhaust,Tuned with Megasquirt on E85,Mazda protege G-series transmission,GS rear disk brake swap,H&R lowering springs,corksport front/rear strut tower brace. Dynoed at 300hp and 330tq Mustang dyno, 8.5@87mph 1/8mile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3139490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Wow. I read on here for years that you couldn't go from a 4 to 6 without making motor mounts :shrug: If you could do 6 to 4,... it should be just as easy to reverse..
And in one day?!
Great job :)
EDIT: If you have pictures, please do a worklog!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
BlackMazdaMx-3

Post by BlackMazdaMx-3 »

No you dont have to make mounts the lower mount bars are different betewen the 4cyl and 6 cyl. And the passenger side motor mount bracket is a little differnt but the structure is the same and all the holes are there in either car.

If you have 2 side by side its easy to see. i have 4 to look at so no big deal. I will take some pics of the differances when i get some time and make a post about doing 6cyl to 4cyl. Never went the other way but same principle as 6cly to 4cyl just reversed.

I deleted a/c and powerstearing on all but one car so it is really easy.

The battery harness and the ecu harnesses,instriment cluster are different but everything will pulg in and function properly.

Yeah i did reserch on here and seen the posts about how is such a pita. but i have found that it is not hard at all. Rounding up parts took more than a day but the swaps both times. It only took one full day 8am to about 10pm to get the cars running and driveing. I had air tools no car hoist only an engine hoist.

I am a technicion for Ford motor company,so i do work on cars for a living that does make it faster. that goes for most car modles that the base chassis is the same on all trims of a car just the drive tran is different.

Return to “Introduction Forum”