Finally, WOT!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Finally, WOT!

Post by fowljesse »

So, with my funky setup, I had alot of slack in my throttle cable, and just accepted it.
Not anymore.
Here's the deal; I have a KLG4 IM, which is a DE straight neck from '98-2002. In order to make it work, one has to flip the throttle cam upside down, and there's a long distance from the cable stay to the cam.
SO, all this time, I've been operating at much less than wide open throttle, even when I got 14.7 in the 1/4 mile! I finally decided to do something about it when I was barely able to pass a guy from my 'hood, who has a modded 240sx.
The silly thing about all this is; all I had to do is move the cable bracket up, so that the bottom hole was in the place of the top hole, and it's held in by one bolt. I've tested it for possible failure, and if it came loose, the distance wouldn't change. However, it will not come loose.
I can't wait to get back to the track. Of course, throttle response is much crisper.
HoooRRAAYY!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
RX8SE3P

Re: Finally, WOT!

Post by RX8SE3P »

Modded 240SX? I hope he has turbo lol otherwise there's no reason for him to be even remotely close to your car.

Good to hear you got the WOT now though. Get another 1/4 time! You fixed your slipping clutch yet?
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah, my car makes so much noise, I couldn't hear if he had a BOV. Can't you swap something into a 240sx? Maybe I don't have my body style right... I don't know. He did get a jump on me, but I can't explain it in this forum. Oh, yeah, I didn't downshift, either.
Anyway, I think the slipping clutch was my NewB driving! I got so excited, that I'd over-rev, because my shifter was sloppy, and took to long to get into gear, and I couldn't let off the gas. I put my TWM short shifter in, and it sounds like I'm in an ATX. QUICK!
I'm really looking forward to racing again!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Can only speak for over here but, s14/200sxs are common enough with the turbo sr20dets... Good for 6.5 secs 0-60 or there abouts. Certainly on par with mx3 2.5s anyway, if not above with some chosen mods. Congrats on free power Jesse :D
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Yeah that's what I am wondering because there's crap loads over here with SR20's stock standard. They weigh maybe a little more than our cars but have as much power stock as a ZE does.

Off boost we can nail them but once they hit boost it's hard to keep up, especially if it's been modded.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks, Marcdh :D
I'll see him around, and find out. I think about going to his house, but that seems cheesy.
boosted_bullet

Post by boosted_bullet »

speaking of 240's i know were theres one 4 sale really cheap....
chicks dig the rice!

-bullet

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”