Were the Spyder projectors a scam?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
SuperK
Supporting Member

Were the Spyder projectors a scam?

Post by SuperK »

OK, so I know EVERYONE wants to know, probably some people's mothers are curious too...

Is it confirmed the projectors were a scam? Did anyone do any research to verify?

I emailed Spyder Auto a few weeks back explaining and requesting any information, but I never received a response.

I would like to tie up the loose ends with this. Was this "project" just another scam?

If it isn't, are they producing the projectors?

If it is, can we go on a ban-rampage on the scammer?
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
solo_ryder

Re: Were the Spyder projectors a scam?

Post by solo_ryder »

Yes.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

So then where's my ban rampage?
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

I think they're for real. I just don't think there has been anything significant and new to report. My guess is they're going through the many stages of new product development.

Plus the issue that every thread about them turns into a pile of crap and ends up closed. IMO ideally they should have a locked thread only they can post progress in, but that'd involve paying dues that they probably can't be bothered with. I don't think they're the most slick company, certainly not in marketing, but I'm guessing they'll have a retail worthy product soon enough.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Euro glass lights or homemade projectors ftw. These projectors are gonna be a fad.
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

From what I can recall a member on here was asking for money to get dibs on the first shipment of projectors from China :lol:
spidy53red wrote:Ok you guy's are mean.....lol. But the first shipment will be in this month and the going price is $250. There will only be 50 black and 50 chrome sets to see how they sell, so if you wanna be one of the first people to get your hands on them let me know because i'm only taking the 98 people that pm me!! Also if i can get people willing to do a group buy to get the shipment gone on the first day they will only charge us $200. And they said the more i can get sold in a group sell the lower they will go soit's up to you guy's now i'm snagging my set and i have one other guy that sent his cash already. I only use PAY PAL because all of the stupid things that happen when people send cash.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=67801" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I was very disappointed w/ how that situation turned out. The lights as they are look tacky and since we have not had any updates (since its past due date) I have to say something is fishy.

I agree w/ solo on the glass headlights or homemade projectors. I think the angry eye mod transforms our cars tremendously, but without it, the headlights make it look a little bug-eyed
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Yea it wasnt a scam.... they made a product they had to show us. They had some fitment issues they needed to sort out. I think they will just sell them from there website so they don't have to pay a fee to sell them here!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

The biggest issue I saw was the car that they used to test fit the lights lol. That car was so out of alignment it wasnt funny. I hope they work out for those of you who buy em. I am sticking with my JDMs
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

solo_ryder wrote:The biggest issue I saw was the car that they used to test fit the lights lol. That car was so out of alignment it wasnt funny. I hope they work out for those of you who buy em. I am sticking with my JDMs
lol +1 crooked as sh!t
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

What concerns me the most is he gave us a time where they'd be available... and he tried to collect money on them.

Now... If this was a legitimate transaction, how is it our little friend was trying to get us to send him money... even if there's nothing to show for it?
Why is it as soon as the words "group buy" were uttered, all information halted immediately?

Like I said, I just want some loose ends tied. I was hoping someone got ahold of any information somewhere along the lines.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

I agree they lack professionalism in many areas, like the testing on a non pristine car with alignment issues, and the terrible communication and marketing. Didn't know anyone was trying to collect money though! That sounds very sketchy. To be honest I'd probably buy the black ones, take them apart, remove the ghey LEDs and simplify/smooth the interior design.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
colinf004

Post by colinf004 »

ssooooooo........ no headlights ??
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

marcdh wrote:I agree they lack professionalism in many areas, like the testing on a non pristine car with alignment issues, and the terrible communication and marketing. Didn't know anyone was trying to collect money though! That sounds very sketchy. To be honest I'd probably buy the black ones, take them apart, remove the ghey LEDs and simplify/smooth the interior design.
I'm gonna wait until someone else buys a set, decides they don't like them or needs the beer money worse and resells them on the forum for a few bucks off and THEN take them apart, remove the ghey LED's and smooth out the interior design and paint it body color.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I emailed them twice for info with no reply as well....beware!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Return to “Appearance”