I GOT IT

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ramsen25

I GOT IT

Post by ramsen25 »

hey everyone just wanted to say i got my klze yesterday and im so excited cant wait to drop her in and how does it feel when u take her for her first rip?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: I GOT IT

Post by fowljesse »

:lol: Congratulations!
It can feel like any end of the spectrum.
If everything goes perfect, you'll be so excited, you want to cry.
If it doesn't go right you could be so frustrated " " " " .
I'm hoping for the former.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

I can't wait until the day I decide to get the ZE..... :(

idk if that'll be any time this year....

Congrats man!
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Your first drive in the car will depend on how complete the swap is.

My first drive was impressive as far as running faster than the K8.

However, I had a air leak somewhere (fixed), exhaust leak (plugged the EGR), shifter was very loose (5speed swap, fixed it) and I started to run out of power-steering fluid (fixed).

Now that the car is 90%, I am very impressed. Especially through all of the trouble I had to go through.

I am going to be more impressed when if it passes emissions
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

did u just put your stock egr on the klze and will you lose some power with the egr on
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

I was not too impressed and still am not. But I don't have the correct ECU yet (which i heard makes the biggest difference to the car). The car pulls harder down low compared with the K8, I have not revved past 3000 yet.

Don't rape the engine until you run it for a few hundred miles and put some good oil in.

Finding a good engine is one of the best things to do. A beat up ZE can sometimes make as much power as a half decent DE. Sometimes a good idea is to rebuild a DE (easy to get parts for) and the car will still be awesomely fast compared to the torqueless K8.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I put the EGR on just so I wouldn't have a code. The ZE has no port into the engine for the exhaust gases so it has no effect on performance.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

another question im tryin to pull off the flywheel off the motor so i can put the motor on the stand and i cant get it off cuz the flywheel keeps spinning wuts a easy way to take it offf
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Hold the crank in place with a bar/socket and then give the flywheel removal another try. The flywheel is connected to the crank so you have to stop it from moving.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Yeah best done with the help of another person. I just held it with a socket and my dad took the flywheel off the K8. Was pretty easy actually. We thought it would be really hard to undo the bolts. Gotta use the right tools though.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Put 2 of the clutch cover bolts back partially into their holes in the flywheel and use a long bar to stop it against the frame of the car...or have a helper secure the bar while you torque on the flywheel bolts.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

I used an electric impact and they came off really easy tightened them back up the same way just be really careful
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Impact guns are the best/easiet way to get the flywheel or any pulleys off...I would not use it when reinstalling it though. Get a torque wrench!
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Just get a paperclip, a rubber band, a 7" piece of 3/8" rubber hose, some duct tape..... oh, wait... sorry, that's the MacGyver formula for a bomb... :P
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

RX8SE3P wrote:Yeah best done with the help of another person. I just held it with a socket and my dad took the flywheel off the K8. Was pretty easy actually. We thought it would be really hard to undo the bolts. Gotta use the right tools though.
we just did this recently... we had one person hold the crank with a socket/breaker bar and the other person went the opposite way to remove the flywheel bolts!

make sure you check the online manual when replacing all the flywheel/clutch bolts - there are specific patterns and torque specs I would advise you follow!! the torque is not as much as you would think!

torque wrech FTW!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”