why do i need starter fluid?!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gods Father

why do i need starter fluid?!

Post by Gods Father »

i recently finished my ZE swap and the only wayi can start it is if i use starter fluid...once it runs for a while i can shut it off and turn it back on with out it...i can let it rest for maybe an hour before i need to use the fluid again...any ideas?
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
hgallegos915

Re: why do i need starter fluid?!

Post by hgallegos915 »

No fuel.

check conections
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

well once it starts it runs...so i dont know...what connections?
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Did you replace the fuel filter? Are your fuel lines bent or are the rubber ones pinched?
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

yea i replaced the fuel filter and im pretty sure none of my lines are bent ill double check...it just doesnt make sense why it will continue to run and start up after its been running but going from a cold start it needs the fluid...

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Maybe for some reason it doesn't go into start mode?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Low fuel pressure. Check your FPR. Could also be the pump but unlikely as I'm sure you didn't do anything to it.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”