probe header fitting problems?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Joey's mx

probe header fitting problems?

Post by Joey's mx »

Just wondering how good the probe headrs fit the K8 engine in an mx-3?? Is there any mods top be done for them to fit right??
johnmx3ze

Re: probe header fitting problems?

Post by johnmx3ze »

hey if you want to buy some i just took off mine to put my turbo setup i can sell them to you... its going to be a direct swap from your stock headers they were on my K8 before and on my klze about 2 weeks ago...
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
se7en

Post by se7en »

ya, the headers and downpipe fit fine on a Naturally aspirated car.(eBay brand ones)
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

.. NOT the long tube ones! They don't fit at all.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

whats the long tube ones? cause im running into some problems right now on my swap with the probe headers i bought...the downpipes hitting the oil pan and not lining up with either of the headers...
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

They are the ones that don't have the curly Q under the oil pan, or flex tube. They have to be cut and redone. No way around it :(
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

mine does have the curly Q under the oil pan and it does have the flex tube and its still not lining up (not to mention its hitting the oil pan and my shift linkage)...so im thinking im still going to have to cut it and weld...i just dont know how to go about getting measurements and what not to do it...seems like a difficult process...any ideas?
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

Gods Father wrote:mine does have the curly Q under the oil pan and it does have the flex tube and its still not lining up (not to mention its hitting the oil pan and my shift linkage)...so im thinking im still going to have to cut it and weld...i just dont know how to go about getting measurements and what not to do it...seems like a difficult process...any ideas?
do your headers look like thoses...

these ones were on my ze
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

With those, most of the time, you do have to cut a few inches off the end, and weld it. You can dent your oil pan a little with a hammer, holding a piece of wood against it, or those round pieces of metal that body men use. If it fits under the oil pan, but is tight, you can run the car until they're hot, and bend them away a little. They are a few inches long at the flex tube, because the Probes are longer. I would recommend that you cut off the flex tube, and weld in a ball and socket joint while you're at it, if you have the ability. That will free up a few more HP (up to 7, I believe).
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

what i did to make them fit under the oil pan is just heated the Q with a torch and just bent it abit and it fitted...and thay are for sale if anyone wants them... pm me

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”