What mods are you planning over the winter season?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
solo_ryder

What mods are you planning over the winter season?

Post by solo_ryder »

As the title states guys, anyone got some cool plans from now till spring?
mx-3_4evr

Re: What mods are you planning over the winter season?

Post by mx-3_4evr »

Right now I'm finishing the engine. For winter I want to finish my interior in suede/vinyl & do the rear disc brake conversion. Spring get the car painted. Will see if I can make it happen! :D
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah!
Whiteline swaybar with Wytbishop's endlinks, corner balance, long tube headers, fiberglass hatch, Lexan side & rear windows, Wider rims & tires, paint, slim visors :lol: (haven't kept any for myself), EGR delete hopefully, finish soundproofing, if I don't get the SRD reproduction suspension stuff, I'll make it myself, Mfactory helical LSD *Fingers crossed*, knock the dents out of the sides of the stock GS, make the turn signal hole into a ram air duct (I put in Civic headlights with turn signal in them), cover the bottom of the car for smooth airflow & and downforce, maybe put in KL31 intake cams... That's all I can think of.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

1. carbon fiber hatch install
2. aluminum intake (as long as JWMotorsports finds time to finish it!)
3. redo my battery/spare tire well
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

cjthor wrote:1. carbon fiber hatch install
With Lexan!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Collecting parts and figuring out if it is possible to turbocharge a V6 without removing the air conditioner and power steering...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

1. Get Megasquirt fully wired and in control (then dyno with vaf in the way and without)
2. Possibly get some coilovers
3. Trying to source polycarbonate rear window maker/wait for Jesse to show the DIY way
4. Install slim visors at last
5. Finish molding in guage pods to pillar
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
boosted_bullet

Post by boosted_bullet »

alot on my plate....

paint n body work,
rims and bodykit,
94+ dash conversion
rear disc conversion
atx to mtx swap
kl-de swap

yeah and i havent gotten started yet...
chicks dig the rice!

-bullet
colinf004

Post by colinf004 »

complete KL-DE rebuild again......
some body work too doors & hatch
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

OMG where do I start???

I have amassed about $1000 worth of parts and all I need is some new polyurethane Wytbushings to reassemble my entire suspension. I have new rear spindles, hubs, Lateral Links, Brake lines and E-Brake cables. I have a rear sub-frame and trailing arms as well as front LCA's, transverse member and engine crossmember ready for powder coating. I bought all new factory hardware to pin it all together. Once the bushings are in the entire suspension of the car will be as new.

After that, I have a tranny that I'm going to attempt to rebuild myself. I will then install it with a new clutch, slave cylinder and Corksport stainless clutch line. I think i will also have the tranny case hottanked and paint it so it looks like new. I may do this first if the bushings wind up waiting till spring.

Then if all goes well I will have the car ready for paint in the spring. I have a nearly new rear bumper to replace my cracked one and I have arranged for a new JDM bumper and lip from Corksport to be picked up in spring. I also have a line on a set of used JDM foglights...$80...score!

Once the paint is done, I have only to stick on my Smoked Slim Visors and I will have one very cherry 93' GS SE. I hope to be able to get all that done by June of 09'.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

So I got the package of rear end parts I bought from this guy in Ont. yesterday and the front TTL's, the non-adjustable ones, are not even MX-3 parts!!! I've very annoyed. I'm hoping I can sell them and use the money to subsidize a pair of new ones.

He hasn't returned my email asking WTF??? I hate it when people are not straight up.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

fowljesse wrote:if I don't get the SRD reproduction suspension stuff, I'll make it myself
When I was home this past weekend I managed to squeeze by and pick them up, so they're in my hands. I wanted to bring them with me to ship out but I bag was maxed for weight for the plane. I'll have them sent out your way sometime in the next few weeks.

For myself, I've got a few things planned

- Traction Bars
- Wytbishops End Links
- CF hatch. Still need to get the MazdaSpeed lexan hatch window and i'm putting on a new wing.
- Motor rebuild

I still need to pull the motor and get the rebuilt, but I'm waiting until the new year to see how work goes before buying the remaining, more expensive parts. Works has been going really well, so I'm been using that to pay off debts and save some cash. And then you've got xmas around the corner. I'd also like to get my rims redone since they've got some nasty uneven-pavement-rash on them. But the motor it going to be a very expensive and time consuming project...i can't wait :)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Doing my clutch with an expensive name brand.

New tires.

Fix my power steering, oil pan.

Get thios baby ready for the summer.

And to paint it .
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

WHITE OR SILVER HECTOR

Not sorry for caps
mx3boyze

Post by mx3boyze »

- Megasquirt
- Learn how to use/tune usig megasquirt
- Re-install everything I had powder coated (Intake, Valve Covers, All brackets and everything else I could pull off ect...)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”