blaster ss vs blaster 2

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gods Father

blaster ss vs blaster 2

Post by Gods Father »

i searched on here for the blaster ss and there was only 8 results so i dont know whats goin on with these... im about to do the HEI Mod so i was hopin to get some info on which one you would suggest...thanks
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: blaster ss vs blaster 2

Post by fowljesse »

I have the 50,000v Blaster SS. The little squarish one. I haven't put it on yet, though.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

I found lots of positive feedback on the ss over at probetalk, thats why i bought one
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I would go with the SS as you can mount that anywhere, the blaster 2 is oil filled and needs to be mounted a certain way and is ugly IMO.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

solo_ryder wrote:I would go with the SS as you can mount that anywhere, the blaster 2 is oil filled and needs to be mounted a certain way and is ugly IMO.
I agree... on my next build I am using the SS.
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

The Blaster is a good coil, but the SS is smaller, does not require an extra bracket, can be mounted in any position (you should mount the blaster vertically, noticed some pictures of them not mounted that way). I manage a speed shop. They both cost almost the same, so get the SS. :D When the Honder guys first started putting on external coils the SS was not out yet. I think the original blaster coil's continued popularity is based on Monkey see, Monkey do. I am building a 323 KLZE based on that Monkey theory so eek, eek throw some poop I guess. :lol:
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:lol:
Monkeypoo.
I'm going to plug my coil tower directly into myZE disty cap, since there's the 7th nipple.
That way there's less resistance.
I know, I know, it won't make a real difference, but I like the butt dyno difference. I'm also going to make my plug wires out of a kit, and make them as short as possible. I cut down my GS wires, and save almost 6 feet. I like to believe that with 50,000v, an MSD 6A, and that much less resistance, it will make a difference with my setup. If not, no harm done
:shrug:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”