which belt is it?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cali_gal

which belt is it?

Post by cali_gal »

A belt snapped yesterday on my mx3. From what I can see it looks like there are two belts on the left side by the ac and alternator. It would be the one at the bottom, a little harder to see. Which belt is that and can it be accessed from under the hood or does the wheel need to be removed? :?:
California Dreaming
Steve J-SPEC

Re: which belt is it?

Post by Steve J-SPEC »

Remove passenger tire...loosen the tension pulley nut and then you can retract the pulley loosening the belt. Once you have remove the alternator (front) belt you can then work on the rear one that sits behind it...same operation x 2 The rear tension pulley adjustment is under the car, and the front is under the hood. EASY fix. Install rear belt, then put you’re existing one back on. (or replace both, they're like $20 each) Readjust the tension bolts on the pulleys and then tighten the nuts which keep them from moving again. That’s it.
'94 GS 5 speed-JDM K8, headers/custom exhaust, CAI, Tokico struts, Eibach Pro Kit, Moog strut mounts, custom solid engine mounts...
'96 GS 5 Speed air filter, KYB's
'94 GS 5 Speed OEM
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

If you've never replaced belts new one strech a little so when you tension the new one no more then about 1/4 inch deflection. A belt tensioner is best but who has one of those,,,well actually I do. lol
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
coltfoet5

Post by coltfoet5 »

The rear belt is for Power steering and the second post is exactly how to fix it.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”