Hold light FIXED -- NO TRANNY REQUIRED

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
BradKY

Hold light FIXED -- NO TRANNY REQUIRED

Post by BradKY »

I have recently had the issue where the hold light flashes after you get above 30 mph, today I was looking at the fuses and thought I would put the seat belt fuse in to see if the passenger side worked, it did the drivers side is broken so that is why the fuse is out, I then forgot about having the fuse in and drove down the road and noticed the hold light isn't flashing anymore. Is was a simple as that, no tranny needed replaced. I am going to take it to a Mazda dealer and have the seat belts fixed and the fuse placed back.

Thanks to anyone that has contributed to my issue.
69shelby

Re: Hold light FIXED -- NO TRANNY REQUIRED

Post by 69shelby »

Getting the belts fixed under recall?
BradKY

Post by BradKY »

Yes, Mazda had a recall on the seat belts for the 1992 models, I called the Mazda dealer and they said that Mazda is still liable for fixing my seatbelts.
69shelby

Post by 69shelby »

Let me know how it goes, my 93's arent working either and I planned on taking it in after I finish some other stuff
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

That doesn't make any sense at all. Just because the light isn't on, doesn't mean there isn't a problem. By taking out the fuse you may have achieved the same thing as simply cutting the wire to the hold light.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
BradKY

Post by BradKY »

Think so? Why would Mazda make it like that? The Hold button works either way with the fuse in or out, even the light comes on. Take out your seat belt fuse and see if it flashes hold when you get above 30 mph. I have to get the idle fixed before I can get the seat belts fixed because its a 2 hour drive to the Mazda dealer. I wonder if the dealer would loan me a car while they have mine fixing the seat belts since I live 2 hours away? But so far the fuse in doesn't flash hold, lets keep it that way!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”