apexi question

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
xAllan-Jamesx

apexi question

Post by xAllan-Jamesx »

hi everyone, i am going to put a turbo in my car its a 96 1.6 DOHC with the OBDII chip and i was wondering if the apexi AVC-R boost controller will work with my car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Apexi-AV ... enameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1996 MAZDA MX-3 1.6 dohc
1988 JEEP grand Cherokee
2001 FORD Focus SE engine rebuild in process
JWMotorsports

Re: apexi question

Post by JWMotorsports »

Yes the AVC-R's will work with any car. It is just a matter of getting the pin outs and wiring diagram for the ECU you are using. Follow the AVC-R wiring instructions VERY carefully (especially the grounds) or you can cause damage to it.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
xAllan-Jamesx

Post by xAllan-Jamesx »

alright thank you, that is what i wanted to know i will pick one up
1996 MAZDA MX-3 1.6 dohc
1988 JEEP grand Cherokee
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Ummm.. was that auction for the the avc-r only? I did not see the actuator in the pics, nor did I see anything about it. Boost controllers do not touch your oe wiring.. they are wired to an actuator and then vac lines from comp housing and wastegate. Either way, you are a long way from needing one. Please read up more on the obdii turbo setups.
xAllan-Jamesx

Post by xAllan-Jamesx »

alright i will do that, but i think if i need some help with the fuel and air i will be getting a megasquirt system they seem to be the best quailty for the cheapest dollar.. thanks for the help
1996 MAZDA MX-3 1.6 dohc
1988 JEEP grand Cherokee

Return to “Forced Induction”