AWR mounts...YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCE!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gods Father

AWR mounts...YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCE!!!

Post by Gods Father »

i already posted a topic about this bt it got turned into an FAQ before more people got to respond...i just wanted to know what everyone else has done for their stiffness in engine mounts...i know for the durometer theres like 70 88 or 95 just wondering what you all thought...seems to me 95 is a little overkill...i know people with stiffer mounts and it makes there car seem to rattle at idle and stuff...just let me know what you think...thanks
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
RX8SE3P

Re: AWR mounts...YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCE!!!

Post by RX8SE3P »

I'm bumping this because I don't want to make a thread.

I was going to get some AWR mounts for my next ZE, stock mounts sucked. Should I go with 70 or 88. I don't rape the engine or gearbox, I want good shifts and driving comfort.

Can anyone shed light on the differences and which is best for good shifts and won't break engines etc?
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

i have only tryed 88....and there brand new... but they dont shake my dash too much ... and no other rattles..but the engine doesnt move at all... which i guess is the point... would be nice to try the 95
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Very pleased with 88s, created one rattle on my dash that I expect I can silence.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I have 88's in both of my cars... not sure what 70 or 95 feel like but I know the 88's are solid! went to the dyno and the engine didn't move at all :D but I don't think they have too much vibration inside the car (each person has his own preferences of course)... makes the whole shifting driving thing seem more olid :shrug:
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I installed all 4 MSP mounts when I did my ZE install and I notice the difference. They are advertized as 30% stiffer than stock, which would make them about 70A. I find that the shifting felt tighter and a little less torque steer. I think 88 would be good if it didn't shake the car too much.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

wytbishop wrote:I installed all 4 MSP mounts when I did my ZE install and I notice the difference. They are advertized as 30% stiffer than stock, which would make them about 70A. I find that the shifting felt tighter and a little less torque steer. I think 88 would be good if it didn't shake the car too much.
for the record I too used 4 brand new mazdaspeed motor mounts when I first did my ZE... and those wore out too quickly IMO but I have a feeling these AWR are going to hold up much better over time just because of how they are designed.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I wouldn't suggest getting MSP mounts. I got them because I have a fetish for OEM parts. I was merely trying to offer perspective on a softer engine mount.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Sort of on topic..
Which hardness is red? I got the rear mount, and it's red. It also came with the bushings for the transverse member (bonus!). They are blue. Do you know which hardness blue is?
Thanks, and sorry for the partial Jack :)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

fowljesse wrote:Sort of on topic..
Which hardness is red? I got the rear mount, and it's red. It also came with the bushings for the transverse member (bonus!). They are blue. Do you know which hardness blue is?
Thanks, and sorry for the partial Jack :)
The transverse member mounts or "engine member mounts" are SRD... not sure what the durometer of the SRD products are... they are VERY hard though...
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I have 88a mounts and love em

My old black car has 95a mounts in em that the new owner put in.

HOLY MAN does it vibrate. I do NOT recommend it for a DD car whatsoever, gnarly shifting and exhaust sound though, but very rough
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Why don't you just make the mount into a solid weld, so your engine is effectively welded to the body?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Some all-out dragsters do. That amount of vibration can be tolerated for a few seconds at a time :|
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Mooneggs wrote:for the record I too used 4 brand new mazdaspeed motor mounts when I first did my ZE... and those wore out too quickly IMO
What do you mean worn out?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I guess what I mean is that they broke and had too much movement after too short a period of time... I guess only time will tell if the AWR hold up...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”