O2 wiring

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
azkcar135

O2 wiring

Post by azkcar135 »

which wires are what? can anyone tell me which is which? 92 1.8 dohc.
new to mx-3, just bought one 1992 gs $900 good deal or not?
azkcar135

Re: O2 wiring

Post by azkcar135 »

anyone???
fighttillyoudie0

Post by fighttillyoudie0 »

It appears you're not the only with this problem... And I don't think anyone knows what wire goes where.

I think I got an idea but one of my o2 sensors is giving me code 24. What kinda O2 Sensor do you have? NTK?
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

All the info is available either in the online manual or through searching this board....
azkcar135

Post by azkcar135 »

shameem wrote:All the info is available either in the online manual or through searching this board....
damn what would have taken you longer? being an @$$ and telling me to look for it or just telling me? THANKS

plus a miliion fvcking results come up for wiring! and it ignores O2? wtf?
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

the closest things i could find were:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24880&hilit=oxygen+sensor+wiring

i dont know if it has anything for what you're looking for since i think its for UNIVERSAL or something like that.
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

azkcar135 wrote:
shameem wrote:All the info is available either in the online manual or through searching this board....
damn what would have taken you longer? being an @$$ and telling me to look for it or just telling me? THANKS

Do you think you are the only one with this kinda problem on a 15 year old car? It takes what 10 minutes to sift through 2 pages of results or 5 minutes to look through the online manual? Its your car - so you must do the research and not expect someone else to do it for you.
Plus how many times do you expect someone to post answers again and again -
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=65285" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder where do people get this sense of entitlement? And how do people justify this attitude when "asking" for help? I really hope the mods and the community would step in and step up......
azkcar135

Post by azkcar135 »

94drumx3 wrote:the closest things i could find were:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24880&hilit=oxygen+sensor+wiring

i dont know if it has anything for what you're looking for since i think its for UNIVERSAL or something like that.
A one wire O2 would't be good for your car there's a reason they have the internal heater, therefore the extra wires. Gives the computer better readings.

[quote="shameem
Do you think you are the only one with this kinda problem on a 15 year old car? It takes what 10 minutes to sift through 2 pages of results or 5 minutes to look through the online manual? Its your car - so you must do the research and not expect someone else to do it for you.
Plus how many times do you expect someone to post answers again and again -
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=65285" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder where do people get this sense of entitlement? And how do people justify this attitude when "asking" for help? I really hope the mods and the community would step in and step up......[/quote]

Thanks for your help, obviously you know these cars can give you a major headache!

If someone has the time to write a smart @$$ remark, for a simple question instead of helping out, and you wonder were I get this sense of entitlement? It has nothing to do with that, it's just someone having to put their 2 cents in.

The search engine on this site is horrible it wouldn't let me look up O2 cause it was ignored so how is someone who doesn't know these cars supposed to do sift through the results that have nothing to do with the O2 since "it decided" not to search it?

so "step in and step up" mods and fix the stupid search engine! a big help this is!!!!>>>>>>>http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/search.php?k ... mit=Search
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I just posted this information. Stop beaking off and LOOK! Click on the links I provided and with in 5 mins you'll be an expert. One is on Utube so you don't even have to read just listen. Once you figure things out an excellant place to buy O2 sensors is Rockauto.com
That's it, I'm going for another Wobbly Pop.
Click on this.http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=65234" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
azkcar135

Post by azkcar135 »

thanks a page for exactly what i was looking for, only thing is the search engine never "entitled" me to this page!
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

just off the top of my head I know the blue wire is signal or the comp. , white is heater and blacks are ground..... ill check my car later to give the correct info.

Also im running 2 one wire o2s right now and let me tell you not a good idea, far to rich. like mentioned above are cars need the 4 wire's to work properly and the cheapest universal 4 wire O2 is for a 95 miata at around $50 each compaired to our $80 to $100+ .....
azkcar135

Post by azkcar135 »

sweet! thats all i wanted someone who knew it off the top of their head. yeah i'm a turbo dodge guy but i couldn't turn down the deal i got on my mx-3. as for the ealier TD's they only had the one or two wire O2 and people would convert them to the 4. but thats for the turbo cars a little more helpful for boosting. not sure exactly what the range on the O2 for the mazdas are but i'm trying to use one of my extra TD O2 sensors. so we'll see what goes on.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G6LiALLOEc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.asashop.org/autoinc/dec2002/mech.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.boschautoparts.com/NR/rdonly" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... nstall.pdf

There you go. Just copy them to your browser if they won't link. O2 sensor wiring is really simple.
Last edited by Daninski on June 8th, 2008, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Telling you about the availability and location of information that you seek is not a "smart a--" remark by any stretch of imagination...
azkcar135 wrote:damn what would have taken you longer? being an @$$ and telling me to look for it or just telling me? THANKS

That is not putting in 2 cents - that is berating me for not doing your work for you. And if you dont like the features this free community service has to offer - you are more than welcome to take your business elsewhere....
azkcar135

Post by azkcar135 »

[quote="shameem

That is not putting in 2 cents - that is berating me for not doing your work for you. And if you dont like the features this free community service has to offer - you are more than welcome to take your business elsewhere....[/quote]

having people do my work for me??? are you kidding me i knew someone had to know what four little wires do. i tried to look and it didn't turn out that well. sorry but a post like you posted was worthless so why even post it? thats why i called you a smart @$$.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”