Vacuum Leak..??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fighttillyoudie0

Vacuum Leak..??

Post by fighttillyoudie0 »

I'm new to the site and I got a question. I don't know where this hose goes can anyone please let me know?
Here is some pics..
Also my car is a 92' GS

Thanks in advance.

-Stoney

hgallegos915

Re: Vacuum Leak..??

Post by hgallegos915 »

I think it goes to your stock intake box. Or it goes to the PRC solenoid or something likee that. It looks like a vris solenoid and its next to the fpr.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

One goes to the FPR Solinoid and the other is a vent that goes to the airbox. It will not make a difference if its unplugged. But of course when Mazda designed the car they put it to the airbox so its filtered. If your running a cold air intake than just leave it hanging out of the way!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
sgt spike

Post by sgt spike »

ok im all new to this stuff but im haveing a problem and these pics show the area.

the air box type thing that the air filter attaches to and has the air meter thingy in it and a couple of other hoses coming out of it, has holes and cracks in it that i have temporarily taped up

this seems to be due to someone putting a funky looking air filter on it but not using any kind of bracket to support it.

anyway i am having real trouble sourcing a replacement part, mainly due to the fact that im not sure what to call it.

any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated
sgt spike

Post by sgt spike »

did i do something wrong to elicit such a lack of response or have i just joined the wrong community here?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”