K&N air fliter

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bp_turbo94

K&N air fliter

Post by bp_turbo94 »

i looked to find the horse pow gain for the gs V6 by useing a k&n air fliter , but all found was the hp gain for a mx5, it was like 3.2 i think but does any body have a idea about how much it will give you?
solo_ryder

Re: K&N air fliter

Post by solo_ryder »

HEHEHE, no-one I think knows the exact number sir. I don't think it will make that much of a difference, maybe 3hp and an improvement on the butt dyno. Its all about the sound you get from the intake :)
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

There is definitly a differene. The engine is getting more air beacsue of the design of thee filter and depending on where you put the filter you will be getting cooler air. It maakes a big difference on the butt dyno and changes the power band slightgly. The true gain if you put it on a dyno is around 2-3hp. It definitly adds a nice sound wwhich is what most people get them for. Good Luck!!!!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

if you guys want to chip in $50 I can have K&N dynoed on k8 mx3 (mine) lol that was we all know for sure
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

I think hes talking about a drop in filter as apposed to a Cold air intake. You'll notice alot better throttle response when pushing on the peddle thats about it... there is no real HP or TQ gains.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

There is about <1-2 HP gain, depending what you're starting with. The reason for getting K&N is: As it gets used, they keep better flow longer than paper, and you never have to replace it. You can choose to keep CFM up, by washing it. I wash mine about every 2,000 miles.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Yeah, we get the shaft. K&N filters make 40-50hp on Hondas, but for our Mazdas, only 1-2hp.

:cry:
Cody
mx3Burnz

Post by mx3Burnz »

tehbrookzorz wrote:Yeah, we get the shaft. K&N filters make 40-50hp on Hondas, but for our Mazdas, only 1-2hp.

hahahahahahahha even if you boost it you would be preaty lucky to be able to get that much from a honda lol

:cry:
390ish

Post by 390ish »

I had all my mild modifications done at the same time, so I don't know what if any contribution K&N had to the overall effect. I think headers and lightweight flywheel had the most to do with it.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”