mx-3 klze project done

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
stereoking15

mx-3 klze project done

Post by stereoking15 »

check out the url on my info you can get the latest on my car and what she looks like now! I invite everone to check it out, I did all the work swapping over my ze myself as well as the hei mod and others i did the car myself with the exception of the body and paint. thanks for looking
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
hgallegos915

Re: mx-3 klze project done

Post by hgallegos915 »

Nice, but 240 hp? withour vris? are u boosted?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

no boost but i am at sea level here so my numbers are different due to atmospheric pressure. mods are as follows klze, vris delete, fidanza 9lb flywheel, modded fuel rail for adjustable fuel pressure regulator 55-60lbs of fuel pressure, pacesetter headers, stainless steel "high flow cat" looked to me like a test pipe, 2 1/4 custom made exhaust to magnaflow muffler and the most recently the hei mod with msd blaster 3 running 50k of voltage. numbers are estimated crank not wheel, dyno testing will done in about a month
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
se7en

Post by se7en »

okay, nice car, but I think that you need the CAI mod next.

It really helps the ZE's.

Also, 55-60 PSI fuel pressure may be hurting you more than helping. I'd recommend turning it back to at least 45PSI.

cheers

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

stock the cars run 45psi and i actually feel a noticable difference running it a bit higher i also forgot to mention that it really isn't street driven often i use it as an autocross/road race car and loves to be at wot and not so much cruise unless around 40-45psi. yeah next step is a cai by corksport. big difference in horsepower? i currently dremmeled the front of the opening and run a k&n drop in but would like a polished cai none the less to make it look better underneath the hood
se7en

Post by se7en »

ah, I see.....I thought stock was 35PSI....maybe I am wrong lol, it has happened before :)

and ya, CAI will look nicer as well as working better :)

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Stock @ idle is ~ 35-37 PSI. Anything over that your probably running rich.

Also 240HP? Even with those mods, 240 seems high. Dyno?

Also, a VRIS delete only helps w/ a turbo. You probably killed your linear torque curve :)
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

correct those are the idle pressures 35-37 but 45psi at wot, i will just have to see how ambitious my numbers are. thought since 200hp stock at crank that 240hp would seem about right but it's just "estimated" till then. but also remember that i am at sea level so my numbers will be higher then in canada and elsewhere. with my klde i ran at portland international raceway which is mostly road course they have a section (front straight) used for drag and with my klde with stock flywheel centerforce, running 45psi fuel, and vris delete i ran a 14.7 quarter mile at 92.00 and a 2.2 60ft time. that was no headers!, no lightweight flywheel, and less fuel pressure, and no hei mod! that track is slower then woodburn dragstrip by .3-.5 seconds due to vht being put down for traction in the first 100ft. racing is just around the corner and you will get a full report on times and future dyno
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

stereoking15 wrote:correct those are the idle pressures 35-37 but 45psi at wot, i will just have to see how ambitious my numbers are. thought since 200hp stock at crank that 240hp would seem about right but it's just "estimated" till then. but also remember that i am at sea level so my numbers will be higher then in canada and elsewhere. with my klde i ran at portland international raceway which is mostly road course they have a section (front straight) used for drag and with my klde with stock flywheel centerforce, running 45psi fuel, and vris delete i ran a 14.7 quarter mile at 92.00 and a 2.2 60ft time. that was no headers!, no lightweight flywheel, and less fuel pressure, and no hei mod! that track is slower then woodburn dragstrip by .3-.5 seconds due to vht being put down for traction in the first 100ft. racing is just around the corner and you will get a full report on times and future dyno
LOL Canada is not just one big mountian. Canada has the longest shore line in the world! I think it's around 250,000KMS! I think the US is around 150,000kms.
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Post by JoshVK »

what intake manifold are you using?
1996 MX-3 GS - rollin' on Rota Slipstreams, (Red, Deep Tint, Black Lip)
True Straight Neck KLZE with TB relocate. Custom Cold air Intake. 2.25 Exhaust to Bosal muffler.
ACT Stage 2, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings and SS Clutch Line.
Suspension Techniques Springs On Zx2 Struts. SRD Control arm Bushings, Custom Sway Bar Links
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

It appears to be Millenia curve-neck.

I like the paint scheme. I've been hoping someone would illustrate what that looked like on the MX-3. Finally I get to see it.
Cody
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah, but isn't all that shoreline frozen?

J/K.

Nice car! I like the scheme, too, and hope to see it in person.
I'm looking forward to the AutoX season, also. You should be able to keep up with me on the drive along the gorge next month!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

the fact that you deleted the vris doesn't really help your performance at all, infact i'm willing to say it's decreasing your performance, your loosing the lower end torque, and even if your at WOT and keeping the car above 4k rpms its at that point both vris points are open anyway...

You've also would like to increase your exhaust size, as 2.5" as been proven to give the most performance. Fidanza doesn't actually increase your hp, it just lessens the amount lost going to the wheels. Your estimate of 240 is well, is a bit high unless your boosted or running n2o. Running a corksport CAI? save yourself some money, and go with the 2 piece intergra CAI that everyone gets, as the CAI will not be that big of a hp increase anyway, unless you believe absolutely everything number the manufactures give you.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

i am using a curved neck manifold, the whole point of me deleting the vris is to kinda test a theory out that i have about the variable intake systems. with total vris removed it will act like a single plane manifold losing low end torque but gaining in the higher rpm due to a velocity effect, the variable by having the valves and actuators attached acts like a dual plane style manifold which gives you good low end toque but really isnt much effective past 5500-6500 rpm hence the klze, klde, k8 motor peak in horse power and torqe. from college education to talking to many people performing similar mods to the toyota tvis system they say the same similar of it hurts a little in the bottom end but if your engine is willing to rev that high then do it because the gains will more then off set the negatives of losing bottom end torque. but, i am not a number thrower per say it is just a collaboration of people i have chatted with and another friend (tecnqk) former klze owner has told me that the 240hp may be a reasonable amount at the crank. but at the moment it is still a guestimate until a proven dyno test. but fowljesse when is the gorge cruise? havent even heard of it! when is it taking place i would love to participate! is it a mazda club event, klze club? very curious!
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

also, thank you all for your kind comments on the car, it took some time trying to figure out paint scheme and colors. didn't want something over the top and nothing too plain. pictures really dont do too much justice on it the color is bahama blue over a modified version of the stock pt code chaste white. the white has 4 bluish pearls and a light metallic hint in the paint, makes for a unique finish.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”