Buzzing problem

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mazdags94

Buzzing problem

Post by mazdags94 »

I attempt to start my car and when I turn the key to the ON position, a buzzing noise comes from the back of the dash and it sounds like the shifter actuator is making noise (it is an auto tranny). Also, when i try to put on the hazard lights, the right side blinks very fast while the left does not do anything. I also hear a clicking that seems to come from the fuel rails. I could be a vibration or echo from something under it. It sounds to me like it could be a bad relay or something is grounding out somewhere. When I try to start it, nothing happens (no sounds or attempts to turn over). I am not sure where to start but troubleshooting with electronics is a b****. Has anyone had this problem or give suggestions? I also discovered a harness that is disconnected near the shifter assembly that has four/five wires in it. I'll try to post pics asap. NOTE: my shifter doesnt have the manual lock release for the auto shifter (that little switch-looking thing located on the top right area of the shifter) . My car is a 94 if that helps as well. Let me know if anyone has any ideas. They would be much appreciated, thanks.
Brian
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”