diagnostics numbersa 16, 24, 41 AFTER 2.5 SWAP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dubspeed

diagnostics numbersa 16, 24, 41 AFTER 2.5 SWAP

Post by dubspeed »

My car seems to be reading the following numbers on a diagnostics AFTER swapping to a 2.5L KL-ZE...

#16 EGR POSITION,
#24 OX SENSOR
#41 VRIS SOLINOID

ANY HELP ON ANY OF THESE 3 SUBJECTS IS MUCH APPRECAIATED...I have a K&N FILTER on instead of the stock 1.8L system....
Vanished

Re: diagnostics numbersa 16, 24, 41 AFTER 2.5 SWAP

Post by Vanished »

KLZE doesn't have an EGR...i sure hope you knew that, if not you have some problems hahah. your always going to have that code, UNLESS you get a chipped ecu (search for this or email probegtze@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for details) If you already have a chipped ecu make sure the EGR solinoid is plugged in.

If your getting an o2 code, your o2 sensors probably need replacing.

For the VRIS solinoid code, check the Vris solidoid! hahaha...make sure the vacume lines aRe hooked up to it, and do the paper test (search for how you do this). If you don't know what the VRIS solenoids are, search..you have lots to learn.

Next time this happens, search for each code, you'll get better answere's and faster.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
dubspeed

Post by dubspeed »

well, u dont havta b an idiot about it, i just posted a msg on the #'s that came up when a diagnostics was done....SO SORRY I DONT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT EVERYTHING LIKE YOU MUST HAVE...It was a simple post saying what #'s came up and i only ask for help, not to be put down....
dubspeed

Post by dubspeed »

my other kl-ze never had a chipped ecu and the light was never on? all i was asking is for help...not the HAHAHA....lets gwet together in a SHEET METAL SHOP, and well see who would be laughing at whom
dubspeed

Post by dubspeed »

all im asking in a way i hope wont make things any worse, is what to do with the EGR system now that the KL-ZE "dosent have an EGR", am curious if anyone does have a link to the "PAPER TEST"(i tried it and i would need to sign up to PGT for it, i will email the PGT about it, but am curious if there are known links with pics to place the paper etc.) and curious if the #1 sensor from a --kl-ze 2.5l vris -- 1.8L vris--north american 2.5L vris is best to use as i have 2 entire 1.8Lengines and a spare 2.5 klze engine besides the engine in the 92 mx3 to take off of... Is "LOOPING" the EGR the way to do it? or would a "CHIPPED ECU" be a better route? I dont know evey exact detail with these engines, but i am learning and appreciate the help. I mean nobody disrespect and enjoy reading the info on my posts and really check out posts from others so i know what to do in certain situations instead of having to post a Q about it...love it here...was a member back in 2001, but seemed to loose contact with alot of things, but im back now, hoping to help others as i myself am helped thru situations...Keep up the good work all...
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

Hmm man with that attitude you wont get nowhere in life man...

There is a million post about this stuff covered already, just use the search and you will find huge amounts of information about this stuff.

Ill help anyways just don't be a d--- about someone telling you the answers to your questions.

EGR code #16:
What did you do when hooking up the EGR? did you connect it all? there is afew wire connectors which will have a orange thing inside of them. and they connect right behind and below your Throttle Body. You shouldn't have any code 16 after that. But best way to change this is get your K8 ECU Chipped and you wont have this code popping up anymore, As a KLZE doesn't have a EGR so it isn't needed.

O2 Sensor #24:
Like Vanished said, you probably need to replace one of the O2 sensors, but if your in there already might as well replace them both.

VRIS Solenoid #41:
If your getting this code then you don't have your VRIS Solenoid's hooked up.... check if you have any loose wire connections by your firewall. at the back of your Intake Manifold.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
dubspeed

Post by dubspeed »

TY for the reply SMITH18...i really appreciate it!
THE CODES WERE READ BY MAZDA AND THATS WHAT I WAS TOLD THE #'S WERE, SO I POSTED THEM...i didnt think i was a d--- about the last post, i told the guy who outright HAHA'd at me that i mentioned EGR that i didnt like his reply and he needs to b more of a person if he is gonna reply to anybodys Q's, i mean thats why were here, to ask and learn!...he jumps the gun and HAHA's me without even asking who did the codes, or anything, i took it as an insult and acted on it...like most would...His responce, i thought was really demeaning towards me, and i let him know about how i felt...I dont have all the answers and was just looking for help... I never wanted to and dont wanna start anything, i hope i ended it by telling him what i though, hoping for an apology for the HAHA's, but i doubt thats coming anytime soon... Thanks again for the reply SMITH18...:)
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Hey man, I didn't mean to demean you in anyway! Smith knows me, I'm not like that. Sorry i chuckled abit, I meant no harm. And yes, we can get together in a sheet metal shop and we an laugh at each other, i work as a fabricator/welder at a custome fab shop. Who knows, maybe we'll make some lambo door hinges or something crazy like that haha....

Anyway, thanks for that, but this is about your motor not about how i 'HAHA'ed you.

Replace your O2 sensors.
Plug in your EGR solenoid
Plug in your VRIS solenoid

After thats good to go, you might still have the EGR code. Hoenslty, dont' even worrya bout it. If it's bugging you, order a chip from probegtze@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

If the VRIS code is still on then check make sure the correct vacume lines are hooked up, and put a peice of paper on the actuator in a way that when it moves the paper falls off. Take your car for a drive and take it to 6500 or so...then check your paper, if it's there, then you know the arms aren't moving the butterfly valve in the intake manifold, and mean you should probable get a new solenoid.

Anyway like I said, all this info is already on here, and searching for it gets you a better answere faster. It would be like if you emailed the president of wikipedea to answerer your questions. You wouldn't do that, you'd simply search for it yourself. Thats sort of how this forum is, it's a wealth of information, it's like a wikipedea only for mx-3's, expect a bit less organized. If you've serached for something and still have problems, then you can post up and well help you out.

Sound good?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”