Who knows about closed circuit TV/ camera systems?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Who knows about closed circuit TV/ camera systems?

Post by fowljesse »

I guess this is the best forum..
I want to replace my rear window with fiberglass covered in Carbon fiber, and put in a rear view camera. The only ones I looked at were @ Best Buy, and they were very expensive. I'm sure I can find it for less, and better quality. Do any of you know about this kind of system, or where to look? It doesn't need to be automotive specific, since the camera will be mounted inside, and I can convert it to A/C.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
ElectricEnergy

Re: Who knows about closed circuit TV/ camera systems?

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Is this going to be a track car? Somehow I think a mod like that would get you pulled over.

You might consider eBay. There are lots of fairly inexpensive small CCD cameras on there.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Oh, yeah.. Good ol' Ebay!
CCD. That's good to know.
It's my daily driver, and that's a good point. I'll find out what I can about the laws. I know there are plenty of delivery vans, and such that have no rear window, but I definitely like to limit my interactions with the coppers.
I do like hugging corners!

'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

as long as the side windows aren't too heavily tinted, and there's nothing but the top strip on the front, and the drivers-side mirror is there and functioning, the rest doesn't matter.
granted....you will bring additional attention to yourself with a mod like that, but unless you have something else on your car that they can nail you on, you're good.

as for cameras, make sure you get a 12VDC powered camera and either get a 12V regulator or make sure it can receive a varried input voltage.
i'm not sure what kind of temperatures you get in portland, but i would suggest an outdoor camera, they're usually good until -20°C. ebay is probably your cheapest bet, since most camera distributors would require you to have an account with them.
if you're interested in recording as well, i'd suggest this
http://www.aver.com/dvr/eb1304mob.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it can also output a proper 12VDC to power all your cameras. not sure where you'd b able to pick one up, but they're one of our suppliers (i'm planning on getting one once i have the cash)
AKA Deimos
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

For my carPC I had a 12VDC reverse image wide angle camera in my keyhole. You can get them on Ebay all day long.
You will loose your rear key, but most people just pop it with the handle inside the car anyways.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks, guys!
This site rocks!
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Custommx3 wrote: wide angle camera in my keyhole
somehow that sounds funny and nasty .... :lol:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

ROFL there's one in every crowd hahaha :mrgreen:
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Does anyone's keyhole really work anyway? Both mx-3's I've had didnt have a functional rear keyhole. I always had to use the lever :roll: .
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

same with my two... my 93 didn't and my 95 aswell.. I installed a remote opener.. so now I can open it from outside again.. best 35$ I ever spent .. lol....well maybe not.
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

mine did until my key broke in it yesterday and i had to tear it up, then stupid me put the broken key into the ignition and now its stuck and it wornt turn on. any suggestions?

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”