POWER WINDOWS!?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Gods Father

POWER WINDOWS!?

Post by Gods Father »

my passenger window works fine and my drivers side window goes down but not up...i wonder if anyones ever taken the switch apart and fixed it cause i had mine apart and i couldnt figure it out...or if anyone knows how to get the window up without the switch...thanks for your input :D
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

You'd have to give 12 volts to one lead going into the window motor, and ground the other lead. You should be able to find the two leads at the driver's window switch. Reversing which lead you give power and ground to will move the window in the opposite direction. If you have a test light, it'll make it a lot easier to figure out which are the two motor leads.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

hey thanks...i actually figured out a way to do it by going through power wires that run right near there...it works pretty good and i have an idea on how to fix my switch if anyones interested in how to fix their power windows let me know...thanks tho man
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”