Frustrating Engine Problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
92BlAcKGS

Frustrating Engine Problem

Post by 92BlAcKGS »

So get this, my car was running perfect three days ago. When car was not running i showed a friend how VRIS worked by opening right side solenoid. Came back 1 hour later started car and it was shaking, running rough, reving really slow and had no power at all compared to usual

Yesterday and today we spent whole day getting plug wires out and plugs and replaced them, as we thought that was the problem.

We finely get car running today and when we start it up it smokes horribly when u rev it, revs slow, there is a loud ticking noise, and same stuff from before.

I did not drive the car hard, new plugs and wires, and disti was done before i bought it (done about 8 months ago, owned car 4 months)

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me

Oh BTW VRIS solenoids are opening properly know and never did at all before, maybe affecting problem

Thanks

Travis
1992 Black MX-3 GS
FRD 17's with Yokohama Rubber
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Try unplugging the VRIS siliniods if the car seemed to run better without them. Then report what it does.
A roughly running car is going to be very hard to diagnose over the internet. Especially since you just bought it and don't know much about its maintenance history.
I would replace the fuel filter and air filter since you just replaced the plugs and wires. They are supposed to be done at the same time. Look for cracks in the intake tubing.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
92BlAcKGS

Post by 92BlAcKGS »

K so disconnecting solenoids did nothing

I was just thinking here, i had just filled it up with gas( it was pretty much empty) when it started doing it so is it possible it is bad gas or bad fuel filter.. ticking noise is gone now, just runs rough and has no power

Thanks again

Travis
1992 Black MX-3 GS
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

did you fill up your tank when the gas tanker was filling the station? When they fill the station it sturrs up all the crap thats on the bottom.

You could have very well gotton some bad gas but if it was empty and you filled it and drove home with no problems then it couldnt be that.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
92BlAcKGS

Post by 92BlAcKGS »

it wasn't completely empty when i filled it up.. like i would of had enough gas to burn from old tank to go to my friends and now im on the new gas.. and as far as i know tanker wasn't there, oh i read and bad gas can cause a car to misfire and cause lack of performance, so i dunno

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
1992 Black MX-3 GS
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Hmmmmm...thats reallly strange. The smoke throws me off tho, because thats a pretty seriouse thing..is it black blue or white smoke? Syphone the gas and get some new stuff....The best way to completely figure this out is do a really good tune up. PVC, distributor cap and rotor, plugs/wires (that you've already done), change coolant (check for oil), change oil (check for coolant), fuel/air filter, give it a quick check over...make sure there aren't any vacume leaks.

Tell you what, after you've done all this, let me know were you at and i'll come over and check it out, hopefully we can fix this.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
92BlAcKGS

Post by 92BlAcKGS »

k, so finally figured out the problem.. my top left cylinder fuel injector is dead.. so we pulled fuel rail and tomoro i am getting a new one and she should be good to go
1992 Black MX-3 GS
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

I have a complete K8 sitting in my garage if you need anything from it let me know. Dont buy a new fuel rail, ill give you mine for cheap, that engine had 180k so everything was running good on it, me and Vanished can come over and help, me and him help each other out with our cars all the time haha.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
92BlAcKGS

Post by 92BlAcKGS »

thats good to know thanks. It just so happened they got a 94 at bucks auto parts so i took some injectors and some other stuff of it. Thanks for the offer
1992 Black MX-3 GS
Ice Racing

Re: Frustrating Engine Problem

Post by Ice Racing »

Did that took care of your problem, I'm facing exactly the same situation (left bank not working). It would be great if this post could be update. Thanks
GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”