chip?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
inthemaking

chip?

Post by inthemaking »

where would i get my k8 ecu chiped ?

1992 mx-3 with kl-ze costum paint and interior performance white 17" rims and now a new audio fiberglass setup
1993 mx-3 rs parting out
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

probinator!, i just got mine chipped, i hae a curvec neck klze, on my dyno a-- i felt quite a good improvement
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I dont think chipping the k8 is that much worth it.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

hgallegos915 wrote:I dont think chipping the k8 is that much worth it.
I believe he has a KLZE with K8 Ecu, and want it chipped for the KLZE.

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

oooohhhh. In that case yeah the probinator chip is better. You have to take a pic of the ecu and send it to him. He will tell you if he can chip it or not.

In my case my k8 ecu was not chipable, i had to purchased a probe gt ecu and he said its easier to use kl02 vaf which is what I use now.

You have to specify to him its a curved neck. Its cheaper than getting the kl31 ecu.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”