ZX2 Strut Dust Boots

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
ElectricEnergy

ZX2 Strut Dust Boots

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Hey,

I'm going to be ordering my ZX2 struts tonight, I read through the FAQ and it says to order dust boots also. I could save some money by reusing the old boots. Is there any reason I shouldn't do that?
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Usually the old ones are cracked or missing.

Just order all 4 and then return the ones you don't need, thats what i did..I only ended up putting on 2 new ones.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

I'd rather not order stuff that I don't need in the first place, I'll take a look at which ones are usable before I order.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Don't cheap out, could cost you in the end. I ended up using universal boots and making htem work, however, it was not worth it. Took abit more effort then I expected.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

ElectricEnergy wrote:I'd rather not order stuff that I don't need in the first place, I'll take a look at which ones are usable before I order.
They are cheap and they are meant to prolong to life of your strut, which is considerably more valuable than the boot. Why wouldn't you get them?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Exactly!

Preventative maintenance is key to proper care and ensure functionality and reliability of any car
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Post by JoshVK »

how much do these boots run.. i plan on chainging struts soon..
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Alright,

I ordered all 4, The reason I asked in the first place was because I thought I had less cash than I did. Turns out that I have more cash than I thought that I thought I had, so I might as well pick them up. ;)

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”