my glass headlamps have arrived from the UK!!!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

my glass headlamps have arrived from the UK!!!

Post by Mooneggs »

I am SOOOO excited! :mrgreen: I got my espec glass headlights yesterday!!
I have been looking for these for 2 months now... and plus they guy sent me some other things I had been looking for too! (all for $214.38 shipped :shock:)

Drivers and passenger side glass headlamps (ickikoh h4)
US driver's side aspherical mirror (passenger side over there)
Front foglight switch
Rear foglight switch

I only have one problem now... my HID kit is for the 9004 bulbs... so now I have to get one with H4 bulbs :crying: oh and unfortunately I got these from the UK and not germany so they are not auto leveling... but I can't be picky right :wink: I will still continue to look for an auto leveling set!
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

very nice price.
I checked the price on the stock european headlights a couple years back.
about $1000 a piece....

-nope
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

If you've already got the 9004 conversion kit, just get the lenses off the Euros and seal them to the US bases. Doing a H4 conversion just to do a HID conversion seems just silly.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

you can put the 9004 hid kit in the US housing then just swap over glass lenses, then you can sell the H4 housings with the wire harness... or just keep it for if you ever break a glass lense.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

well saturday I'm going to try and install them... I may see if I can rig up something to where the 9004 bulb will fit in there... if not I'll use the stock H4's and just order another HID kit - it was only $200 including ballasts and high and low beam in the same bulb. No way am I going to try and separate the glass and transplant them...

So if I get another kit I will probably sell the 9004 kit on this board if anybody wants to call first dibs :lol:
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

What does it take to wire these lights? Is it a tough job to do so?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I have no idea... when I wired my H1 civic projectors popped the wires out of the normal connector for the 9004 and plugged them straight into the h1 bulbs

I imagine I'll probably do the same with these. I'm not any kind of electric expert lol if someone has a better idea let me know before I mess something up haha

I'll try and take pics as I'm installing them... oh I'm going to install the foglights saturday also... since I'll have the front bumper off anyways
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

What are you doing with your projectors? (dibs :lol: )
Cody
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Mooneggs wrote:I have no idea... when I wired my H1 civic projectors popped the wires out of the normal connector for the 9004 and plugged them straight into the h1 bulbs

I imagine I'll probably do the same with these. I'm not any kind of electric expert lol if someone has a better idea let me know before I mess something up haha

I'll try and take pics as I'm installing them... oh I'm going to install the foglights saturday also... since I'll have the front bumper off anyways
Maybe see if you can get ahold of Gro harlem or JS (wherever he has been) as they have wired up these H4's. There is abit more to the puzzle if I remember correctly.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

lol well I'm lazy and I just shoved the 9004 bulbs and they fit... but the beam pattern is all messed up - I have no light in the middle, only the sides :roll: ... I think the leveling screws are broken :cry: I'll probably have to take them off and see if I can get those to work... anyways I think the 9004 bulbs will work since they are very similar to h4's...

oh and the projectors are not for sale LOL - don't forget I have 2 mx-3's... these glass lights replaced the stock plastic ones on the slow car :lol:

I also installed my euro vents and german hazard switch (that lights up :shock: ) I'll post pics in my worklog of those if anyone is interested :roll: and more pics of the foglight/headlight install
yence

Post by yence »

Your beam pattern is all messed up because you bought righthand drive headlights.
Your car looks great btw.
1995 noble green MX-3 RS (sold)
1994 clear white MX-3 GS (r.i.p.)
1987 white RX-7 FC
1993 mighty grey MX-3 GS
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

yence wrote:Your beam pattern is all messed up because you bought righthand drive headlights.
Your car looks great btw.
thanks... it's coming along slowly... I didn't even clean it after I reinstalled the bumper (which is why you can see the greasy handprints) and the hood does not line up because of the wreck and I never got it completely straight :roll:

I realize I have RHD headlights but I think part of the problem lies in the fact the headlights are not sitting correctly because of the wreck... and only 1 out of the 4 adjusters are working... I will probably try and transplant the adjusters from my plastic headlights and see if they will work... *sighs*

I think JS is out of the country for a while and gro harlem is no longer interested in mx-3's... and plus he never had glass ones - only plastic h4 ones...
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I know, so did JS, but the fact reamins there still H4 and the wiring is abit different IIRC. Oh well, the glass ones are nice, I wish I knew how you got your hands on all of this stuff. I search but cannot find anything trustworthy.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

solo_ryder wrote:I wish I knew how you got your hands on all of this stuff. I search but cannot find anything trustworthy.
persistence :D oh and I am a very trusting person... I bought these glass headlamps sight unseen outside of ebay :roll: sometimes you just have to chance it...

once I get a set of auto leveling headlamps I won't have any use for these normal ones :D
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

ok well I'm getting irritated with these headlamps... I finally took all the philips head adjusters off because they were not turning the dials. So I finally was able to adjust the headlamps but both adjusters only go up and down instead of side to side!!! :crying:

So I've got a big circle of missing light in the middle :roll: I'm guessing it's because I'm trying to use 9004 bulbs in the h4 housing... I guess I'll have to rewire one side and put the h4 bulb in and see if it makes a difference.

I would call out for help but I think I'm on my own on this one... *sighs* I guess I'll be paving the way if anybody else ever runs into this problem...

Return to “Appearance”