[WTB] Looking for a project car for my Wife and I

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
MX-3 Newbie

[WTB] Looking for a project car for my Wife and I

Post by MX-3 Newbie »

My wife and I are looking into buying a MX-3 as a project car. If anyone has one in the Ontario Canada region at a cheap price it would be appreciated. Needs to run and work, body can be bad as most of it will be replaced. Thank you in advance. 8)

[Admin: topic fixed, please read the sticky]
RizzeRocket

Post by RizzeRocket »

i have a friend of mine selling his 94 gs auto red in a really decent codition body wise engine has about 200k ish (thats off top of my head )
Let me know what ur price range is or/if your intrested and i can poss get some pix and more info for you
Car's been parked for about 6 months in an underground garage located in ottawa
Cy

Post by Cy »

If your looking to go above and beyond OEM then i suggest another vehicle...

Doing great things to an mx-3 is entirely possible but the $$ really has tobe there for it to work..

If your looking for a $5k MIN - $10k project for good results then this is your ticket..

Although i love the car, for the money i've put into it i could've baught an:
1st/2nd Gen Rx-7 (or 3rd gen Shell)
88' to even 98' BMW 3-series
91-94 240sx
ANY Honda Product pre-2000

Just to name a few I've wandered across...
Matt

Post by Matt »

I have a 93 Mx3, recently installed KLZE and if you look around into the forums you will find thats what everyone is doing lol. Gives 195HP, from the stock 138(i believe) its a straight swap in, $1100 motor imported from Japan. I am asking $4000 cert etest $3000 as is. It needs oil change, replace a bearing in the tranny but im going to take the 3 month old clutch out of this one and just put it in a new tranny. Save some time. And has a leak at the headers. But for $4100 I will drive it too you in Ottawa. ($100 cover gas both ways, ill have the tank filled for you lol)

I need this gone as im going to Alberta end of this month. Looking for mostly pure cash not really interested in trades. Its Black, 5spd, 260kms on body, 55 or so on motor, new exhaust cat back. If i etest it i will have to get a new cat installed. Other then that i cant think anything else. Frame is mint for the kms it has compared to my previous cars. Comes with a New front bumper WITH a perfect GS lip (very sought after on here) and new drivers fender as the old one was scratched beyond belief.

Feel free to email me for faster response at Herpee@gmail.com or you can give me a call at home its 519-787-7829. Leave a messege if its before 930 I work til 9
MX-3 Newbie

Thanks for the reply

Post by MX-3 Newbie »

rizzerocket = if you could get me a price it would be appreciated. I don't have a set price for a car, within reason. It's basically if the price is right.

Matt = thanks as well, but we want something a little bit cheaper as it is something we want to build and put together ourselves.

Thanks to both of you who replied.
Boris

Post by Boris »

I will be selling my car within the next few weeks. It's a 93 4cyl, decent body (a bit of rust near the quarter panels and a bit on one of the doors). Not sure how much I'll be selling it for, as I don't know whether it'll pass emmissions and safety right now (the car has been parked over winter). If the car is perfect running order, the max I would advertise it for is $2000 (that price would include a new timing belt, idler pulley, water pump and a visit to a body shop to fix the rust) Car has 185,000km on it.

It has a new clutch and flywheel, and the suspension has about 3000 km on it.

Let me know if you're interested,
Boris
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
MX-3 Newbie

Boris, I May be interested

Post by MX-3 Newbie »

Is he car automatic or standard?
I wouldn't need the rust fixed!
I am just looking for a half decent car that runs and needs little things not major parts for a reasonable price Please email me at cheeman20@hotmail.com for quicker replies.
Thank you very much for your reply.
MX-3 Newbie

MX-3 found and bought

Post by MX-3 Newbie »

My Wife an I found a MX-3 over the weekend and bought it. :D Thanks to all that replied and hopefully we'll be able to do business another time if I need parts. Thanks again.

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”