wont idle

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
studboy13

wont idle

Post by studboy13 »

I have a 92 MX-3 v6. i just flushed the oil, cleaned the oil pump, cams, new oil filter, the fuel filter is fine. but when i start the car it wont stay running any help?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Some mroe background please. Why did you do all that fixing? What else have you fixed, how long have you owned the car, when was the last major service (water pump, plugs, wires, disty cap and rotor, belts and timing) etc.
I would suggest you start by looking for vacuum leaks. If it will crank, but not stay cranked that is the most common issue I've seen.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
wvurubberducky

Post by wvurubberducky »

also check your air flow sensor...mine came off once and wouldn't idle.
studboy13

Post by studboy13 »

um. ive had the car for about 4 weeks now. and it hasnt really ran. it wasnt getting oil into the cams so we did all that work last weekend. apperently i have a hairline crack in my distributer cap and my rotor is bad. the car is barley sparking so i think thats the next thing im going to replace. along with the spark plugs
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Look into new wires too. You should do all those things at once so that you replace them all at the same time every time.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”