Automatic Seatbelt woes

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Franko
Supporting Member

Automatic Seatbelt woes

Post by Franko »

Im having so much trouble getting mazda to fix my seatbelts for me. You see I have an american car in canada and boy oh boy are they resisting. My drivers side binded up on me about the end of last summer. I called everywhere about it then, my local dealership pretty much told me to go screw myself last summer. He said it was a different warranty system that they are on and they cant do anything for me.

So today I made it my mission to get this taken care of. I called mazda usa and the guy there told me that it dosent matter what warranty system they are on.. its a matter thats with the highway safety people and it HAS TO be fixed regardless if they want to fix it or not. So I called my local dealership again and the manager said to call mazda canada and tell them whats up. He said that the head office has to call my local dealership and tell them to do it. I called mazda canada and they had my calls noted from last summer written on my file. No one got back to me then. The girl I talked to told me that she will begin an investigation and someone should contact me within 3 days and tell me whats going on. I really want the whip cracked on someone here and get this done.

I tell you what though, they are not going to let me fix this myself they are going to make me get this done at the dealer here. So Im going to remove the gauge cluster myself and most of the plastic. Then Im firing up the haltech software and my rev limit will now be 2000 rpm. Or maybe even lower if I can manage it. They arent going any faster than what idle can get them. They dont need anymore than 2000 to get it in the garage.. Needless to say there will be NO road test on my car without my explicit permission.. I like having that kind of control. :P Bastards, I know how people at these places are.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Blazianenigma

Post by Blazianenigma »

Good luck on the Seatbelt issue.
I would say it wouldnt matter where or shat warranty system anyone is on.
Mazda is Mazda.
Safety is Saftey.
I think they were just being asses.

They will probably make you wait...becasue they will have to "order" the part you need.

I had to wait 3 days before they got my seatbelt assemblies in.

Should have seen the techs faces when I drove in.

Some didnt even know what the car was
1993 MX-3 (Converting in Oct)
2004 MS6 (Repairing)
1982 Limited Edition Me (.04Hp)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”