BUDDIES GS NO START IN MY DRIVEWAY

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mzdamx3rsdohc

BUDDIES GS NO START IN MY DRIVEWAY

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

hey we need urgent help. my buddies gs 1.8 v6 is sitting in my driveway and wont start. we welded a muffler on drove it and it ran great 3 seperate times and started no problem. we took out the air filter box after unplugged the maf put a cone on, went to start no start. went back under pade sure the vaf wAS PLUGGED in it was but had to be switched as it was on backwards, went to start still didnt fire. put it all back to stock and it still wont start. when u crank it u hear the fuel pump and one light click in the engine no cranking at all. clutch sensor seems to be working fine. we tried boosting it thinking it was the battery and still the same thing. all the main fuses appear alright(under the hood). havent tried a jump start as my house is on a hill and it would be a b-tch to push back up. do u think that would help?
dohc b6, intake, exhaust, miata cams ready to go in
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

bypass the clutch sensor just to see? how would i do that connect the two wires? maybe starter?
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

hmmm... wow ...i wanna say distribuiter but if you got nothing at all not even a BEEP BEEP BEEP when you turn the key.... its gonna be the battery brotha and maybe his might already be too weak to even go on with a charge... let him borrow yours ... make sure all sensors are connected..... reset ecu by unpluggin the negative and holding down the break for 20 seconds....if not go try to stick a screw driver in between the posts on the STARTER to bypass it
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Yah, I'd hook up a battery charger to the battery, or use a different one. If it won't hold a charge, get a new one. If the new one doesn't work (or the borrowed one), then you know its not the battery.

Next thing would be starter. If the flywheel won't turn, theres not alot more than could be wrong than a bad starter, OR a locked up engine, but thats not a possiblity if the engine was running fine last.

If the battery is ok, push start it, then you'll know if it the starter is out or not.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
wvurubberducky

Post by wvurubberducky »

Mass air flow sensor unplugged?
ExperimentX

Post by ExperimentX »

wvurubberducky wrote:Mass air flow sensor unplugged?
Yah, I'd check that first too, when I was doing some light maintenance a while back I forgot to plug the mofo back in and it wouldn't start, also, make sure there's proper vacuum in the hoses for the air-intake, though that would just make it stall out.
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

hey thanks for all the replies. we bypassed the clutch safety switch still wouldnt start so we put in a new starter and she fired right up. but then the next day it wouldnt start in my driveway again so we put an inline fuse where we bypassed the clutch and not a problem yet. so maybe just my driveways bad luck for the GS i dont know....lol

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”