RX-7
29%
KL-ZE
71%

Total votes: 14

sk8erdude802

Parking the MX-3

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Yeah so I just changed the oil about 500 miles ago...400 miles before I hit 200000. Now Im like almost two quarts low. I think bad things happened in the engine cause Im burning oil and leaking its pretty bad where as I didnt used to. The car has been wrecked in the front end and I dont know if I really want to drop the cash for a ZE and try to make it all pretty again or use that as a downpayment on another car. I mean Ive replaced the front fender that was hit but I still havent gotten the projectoers to fit right and I only have half to body kit on at this point.Im pretty upset with my 3 as of late and its killing me. No matter what I cant sell it cause its my baby and of the mods Ive done to it. Door poppers (no working door handels), half a body kit on (half still in box), lowered....its my baby and it kills me to park it but whatever...Sorry guys I just had to vent. Im thinking about buying an 86 rx-7. Its a pretty clean car with around 130000 on it N/A and Ive always wanted one so maybe this is the time. Hit me whith what you think....im almost sure I know the results of this poll. LOL

Steve-O
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
hharb

Post by hharb »

klze all the way man, first off its ur car and u know exactly what is wrong with it, and im sure that it will cost less than buying an rx-7, and im not sure but i think an mx3 ze is faster than rx-7s, so lets say u put 3k on an rx-7 u think it wont have any problems??? its an 80s car odds are u will have to spend alot to get it up to your standards, every way i look at it the ze wins, but its your call, goodluck man.

*** edit

oh for the oil problem, it has been discussed before on this forum try something like 10W40, my car used to go from full to empty in one week, once i started using 10w40 the problem was fixed and now it lasts forever and the oil level stays the same until the next oil change.
Last edited by hharb on February 18th, 2007, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Go ZE, I can smack around Turbo II RX-7s with my ZE all day and its way more reliable. I used to own a '93 RX and trust me, they're so much of a hassle and very expensive to have repaired. An '87 will only be worse. And its way uglier than the MX.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Yah if your getting a new RX-7, MAYBE. but 86? Do the ZE. Defantly save you money in the long run and you'll have a faster better looking car.

If i was you i woudl finish you body first...get that out of the way. Then go KLZE
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

I just got my Mx-3,
and even though the
K8 is giving me no
problems, i know i'm
swapping for the ZE.
It will treat me much
better than any 80's
Rx-7.
Blaze Red '92 K8 Mx-3 GS. Never got around to a ZE swap. SOLD
1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. Don't worry i'll come back around to the Mazda world.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I'm gonna give you another idea.. Why not look around for another MX-3 that has a great body and good engine? You could swap all your parts and work over to it and you wouldnt have to fix the body work.. you would have another engine and you end up with your own personal junk yard if anything breaks down. Just a thought.. ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Id concentrate on mx3 and fix it up. I wouldnt even worry about getting old rx-7. Only one I would even consider would be 93+
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

tunes has it right. Im looking into another MX-3. I got pretty excited about it today and I think I might have found one. Any one else with one thats close send me a PM.

Steve-O

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Ill be in TN this thurs-mon
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

i say do both :2thumbsup: I love both mx3's and rx-7's...although my rx is a first gen, 1983. I'm working on a bpt swap in my mx so I'll be able to hang with my brothers 89 rx-7 turbo. i see it, either way you win!
:D
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

sk8erdude802 wrote:tunes has it right. Im looking into another MX-3. I got pretty excited about it today and I think I might have found one. Any one else with one thats close send me a PM.

Steve-O
:idea: :2thumbsup:
Image -Jim
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Im pretty sure that the MX-3 I was looking at sold last night...so any one within a couple hundred miles got one for sale? I posted a WTB add in the WTB section but no hits so far.

MyFeedBackThread

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”