Rear wiper and defrost not working

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Teqnyck

Rear wiper and defrost not working

Post by Teqnyck »

They haven't ever worked in my car, but it's getting annoying now and I'd like to fix it. The rear window squirter still works, but the defrost and wiper don't. And all the fuses are good. Thoughts?
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com
Ice Racing

Rear wiper

Post by Ice Racing »

The electrical feed comes from a different place for the w-washer and the defrost. The jonction is located in left side B-pillar, it is part of rear wiring harness it goes out from fuse box then to seat belt, then to fuel tank then your connection to upper (defrost and wiper) then to the rear for lights and w/washer.
GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING
Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

I've done the seatbelt sound mod under the armrest right after I got the car. Would that have something to do with it then?
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com
neumann

Post by neumann »

I am kinda in an electrical mood since my headlights started acting up. UNfortunately Body Electrical is the sketchisest section of the online shop manual.

My rear defroster has never worked but my rear wiper and the rear washer squirter and so do all lights including third brake light.

I always assumed it was a physical break in the defroster wire somewhere. Other thoughts?
My Summer car is a Porsche.
My Winter car is a 1994 Mazda MX-3 GS. 1.8L V6, K&N intake, Pacesetter Short Shift, Corksports SS Clutch line, Suspension Techniques lowered, Toyo Garit HTs for Winter Grip.
Ice Racing

Post by Ice Racing »

neumann wrote:I am kinda in an electrical mood since my headlights started acting up. UNfortunately Body Electrical is the sketchisest section of the online shop manual.

My rear defroster has never worked but my rear wiper and the rear washer squirter and so do all lights including third brake light.

I always assumed it was a physical break in the defroster wire somewhere. Other thoughts?

You might want to check the cigar lighter circuit they are link in some way (same circuit) you might find an answer there. Good Luck
GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”