Cheap shifter bushing, Better that bronze too

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Yoda

Cheap shifter bushing, Better that bronze too

Post by Yoda »

A few years ago I had purchasing order me in a bag of low speed polymer flange bearing (bushing) to repair my shifter linkage. The ones I asked of were speced for operating in an abrasive enviroment. I was stripping down the old car of all usable parts and pulled the shifter out I just measured the bushing and there was no wear or distortion that I could measure after 3 years of daily uses all years round. I bought a bag of 50 3 years ago at less that $.65 each. I had figured that I would need to replace them every few years like the bronze bushings but it looks like they will out last the steel houing the bushing goes in and the pivot bolts.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

So are you selling the remaining bushings?
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
93_MX3 GS

Post by 93_MX3 GS »

yea if u decide to sell some i'd be interested also! :)
rece

Post by rece »

i would be interested also
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

What remaining bushing? I used 18 myself in my 3 cars plus 6 in reserve for the ZX2. I gave 10 to friends. Since I ordered them through the company with our inventory# and everything. The rest went to the stock room. I appears that 14 of the remaining 16 are in the Atlanta, GA area being used on a conveyor table rolled in place of bronze bushings.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Why did you post this thread? You give info about items that you don't have to sell, or where to buy from. Give us the details, so we can enjoy these, PLEASE!
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
neumann

Post by neumann »

What means this post old Jedi? Not for sale you have. Without instruction for apprentice this thread is. Lacking in part description or sourcing information is your path.

etc etc
My Summer car is a Porsche.
My Winter car is a 1994 Mazda MX-3 GS. 1.8L V6, K&N intake, Pacesetter Short Shift, Corksports SS Clutch line, Suspension Techniques lowered, Toyo Garit HTs for Winter Grip.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”