Worst day of my life

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
mx3autozam

Worst day of my life

Post by mx3autozam »

well heres how my really crappy saturday went.

I lost my cell phone, just got it 2 weeks ago. its the new Motorola Slvr. Anyways thats the last of my worries, just need to cancel it so no one racks up my bill. So me Krish and his lady friend and Ian and his roomate all decide were gunna go out for the night and have some drinks. Mostly to celebrate Krishes 25th birtday. I am driving to Georgetown to meet up with Krish.

I make it to Milton and my car makes a really loud knocking noise. now this was not the normal lifter tick as its low on oil It was internal like a rod bearing or something. I go to pull off the road and the oiul pressure light comes on so then i'm like oh crap somethinsg wrong. it then stalls and doesn't even crank..Now back to the lost cell phone story what do i do now gotta find a pay phone. So I walk to hwy 25 which was 7km down the 401 call Krish and he calls Ian and they meet me at the Tim Hortons we chill there for a few minutes

We then go to take a look at my car we need to get it off the highway at least. WE go down and we see a car pulling away. i'm thinking its the Police just tagging it or something. we get to my car and my $400 clarion cd player is gone. Makes my day even worse. Anyways we push it down the shoulder which was on a hill and I pop the clutch to see if it starts and nothing. Its siezed. So we call a tow truck and tow the poor car to my house. I'll ahve to rip it open tommorow and see what went wrong. I am so mad I don't wanna caugh out another $1k for a new ze but looks like thats going to be the solution

anyways just thaught i'd share my news. i'll try to make it to Importfest.

and I'd like to thank Ian so much for helping me out with the tow. I'm gunna get CAA gold very soon. Also Krish i'm sorry our night out ended up like this. But don't worry i'm just gald you were able to help me out. If you need anything bud just ask man, same goes for Ian..thanks guys

John :cry:

[Lanuage fixed]
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

Sorry to hear that man, but diden't you lock your car when you left it? Cars have been known to go missing from the side of the 401 when left alone.

But on a saturday thats really bad because you have all sunday to think about what has happened, time for a vacation.
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Really sorry to hear John. That's gotta bite big time. It's nice to have good friends like that to help out in a pinch. I imagine that'll be the worst of your problems now. Since everything seems to happen in 3's, (cell phone, siezed engine, stolen radio), it can only get better from here on in. I know, little consolation, but it's only a money thing that can be fixed or replaced in time. You have your health, good friends and an optimistic outlook and that's a great start for something better in the future.
I can see even a better ZE install in the future and perhaps this is an opportunity to go with a carpc type system now :wink: . OK, a little too far ahead for now.
Good luck for the future stuff and hope to see you at Importfest.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

he locked the car, and they probably used the clothes hanger.... but i am sure if we took longer he would have lost more then the deck, mayb rims, and other stuff....

No problem we can always celebrate my b-day later...
Sorry John bou the car
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

A better ZE install in the future..lol we'll see it was completly rebuilt ZE I put in there. It ran like a champ. It apears the oil pump decided it didn't wanna do its job. So I doubt its salvagebale and is it even worth it. Best bet is to just buy a fresh ze and drop it in. I don't quite have the money for that at the moment. so I will probobly do so over the winter.

I will be at Importfest for sure. I will use my dads car or hitcha ride with someone. I will make sure to keep you guys updated on what happens
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

glad you got it home alright man
this is a little note for people who don't have CAA Plus yet....towed from milton to cambridge would have probably cost him like $300 easily. (hell, from hwy 400/401 until Weston/Steeles was a good $120 one time for me)
CAA Plus is like $90/year and you're allowed i think 4x up to 200km each.
good investment!

tho everything is fixable/replaceable. just think, you can toss something in to get it on the road for now...then you have a spare ZE to do a full rebuild w/ upgraded internals. do something similar to what BabyBlue did.

as for the deck...it sucks, but what's weird is that your door was re-locked when we got there, and your alarm wasn't going off. did you check the condition of that?
and if you're looking for alpine, here's a few for a hell of alot less than i paid
http://electronics.search.ebay.ca/alpin ... acatZ48602
just go to the alpine website to see the exact feature set for each
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Ian thanks so much. I will probobly get an Alpine(i've been wanting to get one anyways) but right now i'm more worried about having a motor thats runs.

I'm going to have to work as much overtime as I can and just go buy a fresh ze and drop it in. I'll keep you guys updated on it though
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Since were in the "Let's spend some of John's money" mode for his HU replacement, let me recommend a viable alternative to a CarPC. I won't mention the fact that it's completely integratable with a carpc and is the hottest new item for CarPC enthusiasts since it retains all of the functionality of a regular HU but has the necessary little things that make it completely PC friendly.

http://www.digitalww.com/
Specs

-Motorized, Retractable 6.5" LCD Touch Screen
-Native Resolution 800x480
-Supported Resolution: 640x480~1280x768
-Dot Resolution: 2400 x 480 = 1,152,000 (dots)
-DVD/CD Drive (Connects via USB)
-AM/FM Tuner
-4 x 45W
-VGA Input (1x 15 pin D-SUB)
-2 Video Inputs (2x RCA), (NTSC/PAL)
-Rear Camera Input
-Touch Screen (USB)
-Power Input: 12V

Features

-Motorized, Retractable LCD Monitor
-Computer Power/Reset Button
-AM/FM Radio
-DVD/CD Drive
-Double Din

Package Contents

-Head Unit
-Remote Control
-Manual
-Cables (VGA, Touch Screen, Video and Power)

We are very happy to introduce another first, a double din head unit with a VGA Touch screen monitor and a DVD drive that can connect to a PC via USB cable.

This is a true ALL-IN-ONE unit. Besides the VGA and Video inputs it has a rear view camera input. This is the first VGA monitor to have a real automotive Radio Tuner and built in AMP. Another great feature is a built in DVD drive that can be connected to your computer. There is also a Power/Reset button that allows greater control of your PC.

PRE-ORDER DETAILS
DWW-6500 will be available by the end of October. You can pre order yours today. Price will be $650 however when you place your order, the total will be $1. In addition your credit card will not be charged. Once the actual shipment of these head units arrives, we will contact you so that you can place your order. This Pre Order will allow you to be the first to know about any updates or changes as well as reserve a unit for you. Email us with any questions sales@digitalww.com.

For more pics and info;
http://www.digitalww.com/DWW-6500.htm

Similarly priced units with not nearly the versatility from regular name brands like Pioneer, Eclipse, JVC and the like can run up to 2 or 3 times more.
Food for thought.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

John NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Motor comes first. I'm gunna save a bit of cash go buya striaght neck ze and swap my manifold to it...Then I ahve a set of kl31 heads and cams I can sell.

I'm just gunna get a nice Alpine head unit foy audio. I don't need no in car pc. I'm not that nerdy guys :lol:
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

That's a reall cool unit J-Beef! i'm definitely going to keep that one in mind for when i get my truck next year

On this note, its a good reminder for me to get myself CAA Plus when i come home this week, it's been long overdue, so I think it's about time.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Awwwwwwwwww man .......... :crying:

I'm sorry John

Damn cars eh ..... but how we love them so

DEB :wink:
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:That's a reall cool unit J-Beef! i'm definitely going to keep that one in mind for when i get my truck next year

On this note, its a good reminder for me to get myself CAA Plus when i come home this week, it's been long overdue, so I think it's about time.
yep get it..everyone should get this.
Also Mike its unfortunate you never got to see my car. Your like the only one. but theres always next year when theres another fresh ze under the hood :D
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

CAA Plus is great!!

I have had CAA since '74 ... as soon as CAA Plus came in I took it right away ... I'd hate to think how much money I would have spent on tow trucks if I didn't have it

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Hey so the oil pump screwed or was it a dropped valve? u guys open it yet?

[Language fixed.]
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

that sucks, hope things turn up for you
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”