turbo bp

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Gottagofaster

turbo bp

Post by Gottagofaster »

first i have a BP with pro lx tranny....
I want to boost. from whta i've found this is what i need tell me if this is right?
bp26 ecu or a piggyback to go with my bp09
gtx manifold(i was wondering exactly which one do i need...)
any IHI turbo i'm leaning towards a VF11 from a subaru...
IC piping and IC and bov
Is that everything?
Thanks
Kurt
93 mx-3 bp, CAI, msd blaster 2, ngk wires,NGK V-powers(just for limegreen). Pacesetter headers, no cat, cat-back 2.25" piping, autometer lunar A/F gauge, 800w 12" sub w/1600w amp. 3 way pioneer speakers all around
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

why thank u for the plugs i decide to turbocharge the BP and leaving off where ric at racingmazda left off. he decided to go with the 2.0 FS engine and leaveing the BP's alone. so in time i'll be having a turbo sohc and BP. but good luck doing what u want to do.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Gottagofaster

Post by Gottagofaster »

I'm not exactly sure i understand what you just said??[/quote]
93 mx-3 bp, CAI, msd blaster 2, ngk wires,NGK V-powers(just for limegreen). Pacesetter headers, no cat, cat-back 2.25" piping, autometer lunar A/F gauge, 800w 12" sub w/1600w amp. 3 way pioneer speakers all around
Gottagofaster

Post by Gottagofaster »

Will an intercooler kit like this work pretty well?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-99-EC ... 0594QQrdZ1

Or would this work better
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FMIC-JDM ... dZViewItem
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

i wouldn't even bother with a kit. just find an intercooler that will fit nicely behind your bumper. then go to jegs or another similar company and buy some mandrel bent piping (which you will have to hack up to make fit). you will also need the couplers and fittings to connect the piping, and some GOOD vacuum hose for the blow off valve, etc. don't buy the cheap vacuum hoses on ebay (like i did, and they collapse under vaccum). buy some good stuff right away because you will end up buying it later anyway.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Gottagofaster

Post by Gottagofaster »

where do i get "good" vacuum hose? and the couplers?
Kurt
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

buy some real silicone vac lines that have thicker walls. I have some really good stuff I got from a Hydrolic wholesaler...
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Silicon is for boobies...lol :lol:

I had silcon with super glue and zip ties...kept blowing them apart so I wagged war on them! Used -6AN SS Braided hoses and worm gear hose clamps....no more problems...period! :wink:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “Forced Induction”