1.8 V6 ECU/Chip

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
okingo

1.8 V6 ECU/Chip

Post by okingo »

Hello all,

I'm new to this so please excuse the stupid questions. I have a 1994 MX3 V6 and want it to go quicker bottom end, I'm gessing that a Chip or ECU unit are the same thing? If so what ECU would help to improve the cars performance and is that all I would need to change the ECU unit or is more work involved.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Try reading the FAQ and then search for any other newbie questions you need answered.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

You can get the k8 ecu chipped to nspecs of teh kzle but its pointless without the klze.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

That is not what he is asking Auytozam. Yes, you can have the K8 ecu chipped with a more aggressive fuel and timing map, but the gain is not worth it IMO. They used to cost about 2-300 for the chip and it will only yield 4-5 WHP. Get a cold air intake or headers and exhaust work done. It is cheaper and will give about the same HP.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
okingo

Post by okingo »

Just had custom made from the Cat back stainless all the way with a power flow back box. Thinking of Induction kit next, is it worth doing and how much differance will it really make?
okingo

Post by okingo »

Just had a MOT and the Cats buggered so gonna replace that next, induction kit will have to wait.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”