high pitch whistling from indiglo gauges

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Wilhelm_Fink

high pitch whistling from indiglo gauges

Post by Wilhelm_Fink »

What could be causing this?? it happens constantly from the moment they're switched on and its getting pretty annoying.
Any help appreciated,
thanks.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Mine does that. Its the transformeer and it seems normal. The way to get rid of it is changing the color in the switch or dimming them a bit. The transformer really does an amazing job at it. You NEVER want to be shocked by it. it hurts.. feels like sticking your finger in the AC outlet. I know by experience lol sad huh? :(
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Post by FlyVFR »

Yep, souds like the HV converter ckt. squealing.
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
81 Trans AM NASCAR Pace Car
80 Trans Am INDY Pace Car
www.MyMX3.com Domain For Sale!
My Feedback File

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”