alright so i finally put my valve cover gasket back on...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
snkcld

alright so i finally put my valve cover gasket back on...

Post by snkcld »

and i ran the car, no leaks, all good.

but, i took off the oil cap, and it kinda was smoking.

is that normal?

or should i change my oil?
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

U ran the car it gets hot oil doesn't excatly stay kool inside a engine. and it was smoking when u took off the oil cap. i ain't no gunniess but thats seems normal to me.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Limegreen mx-3 wrote:U ran the car it gets hot oil doesn't excatly stay kool inside a engine. and it was smoking when u took off the oil cap. i ain't no gunniess but thats seems normal to me.
I was having a hard time understanding what you were saying, then I realized you meant "Genius..."

:lol:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

I was having a hard time understanding what you were saying, then I realized you meant "Genius..."
i thought he was talking about beer :)
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

atlantamx3 wrote:
Limegreen mx-3 wrote:U ran the car it gets hot oil doesn't excatly stay kool inside a engine. and it was smoking when u took off the oil cap. i ain't no gunniess but thats seems normal to me.

:lol:
My spelling is not the best when it comes to a computer or writing. i just have bad spelling.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”