int paint

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
colony

int paint

Post by colony »

hey guys and girls
so i am new to this forum
but none to the pleasures of driving

i just wanted to share some of my inspiration of my first works on my baby, since i need to lessen my expenses , i do what cost the cheapest, and here for this int paint job many ppl spend less $ than i did to get the job done.

Let's just say i like complicating myself to achieve a better quality of job and i dont want it to peel and wear off, and it WON'T! ;)

Some ppl may not like please recpect the time and heart that's been put along doin' this job, i DO like it :D

comments are appreciated, ENJOY! 8)
ImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PRODUCTS USED:(prices in CD$)
-NAPA/UAP. matched OEM color code , basecoat spray can 16 oz(color:11r): 30 CD$
-Duplicolor high heat clearcoat(gray parts only) : 10$
-Sherwin-Williams clear , 18 oz can ,( prod name : CC648):20-30$

-Kent Polytite adhesion promoter (for vinyls and plastics, don't miss
this one if u wish durability***wash pieces with water/soap mix before applying)20-40$ unsure of the price since i took this onne from the job:P

-Gray color has been gun painted since the color comes out of some metallic gray paint leftovers from my job ( was meant to be trashed)

Estimated time: 1 full day of unmounting, preping, painting, remounting
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

you know what? i've never been a fan of the whole deal with painted interiors...

but yours really looks nice. It's suttle because it's the bottom half of the dash, but it looks awsome, and matches you seat. You really did a great job, congrats! And welcome to the board...read everything you can! and when it doubt, search your a-- off!
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

That looks very good, I like the way you blended with the teal seat much softer look but custom as well. Congrats
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
colony

Post by colony »

thanks a lot guys
priceless to see the results :D
and the seats comes from a 92 and bought them for 70 bucks (cad)
the seats had seat covers from their early days ,they looked brand new
so i jumped on the deal(i had to fit the rails since mines were 1994)

the reason why i chose 11R (OEM color of my car) is that the guy from wich i bought the seats had a basecoat spray can matched with my color code.
this gave me the idea to mak a color test from wich is bord all the paint job, ideas just came along.

and don't worry for any probn could occur to me , since on mx-3quebec.com were like a little family like here to lots of help comes when needed.
and i also know about the research feature don't worry 'bout that ;)

see ya on the board guys 8)

Return to “Appearance”