BPT GTR vs. KLZE opinions please...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
KJ

BPT GTR vs. KLZE opinions please...

Post by KJ »

I have ordered what is supposed to be 100% money back type a GTR. But i have found a deal on a car for 1800 U.S. i can get a 94 GS. My question is this would i feel a huge difference between the BPT GTR and the KLZE? Because i would swap the GS if i was to buy it or would it be better for me to just spend the extra 3 to 4 thousand i would have in the GS to building my 4 banger? I mean i am not holding my breath that this motor is a GTR since i have sent back 3 engines already that have claimed they were GTRs. But if it is i know it can be a beast especially with the extra money i would use on the other car. So i was just wondering what you guys would do if you were in my place. Opinions are wanted and welcomed. I posted this in the 6 cyl. forum as well but didn't know how many ppl from here checked into the other forum frequently.

Thanks,

KJ
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

id say gtr as it is an extremely rare motor and also easily moddable and yeah i am biased.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Really depends on how much you have to spend on it. As much as I hate to admit it, there is no replacement for displacement! Mazda's turbo rotary engines are the closest anyone has ever came to disproving that old saying! The advantage of the 4cyl. engines are the cost less to build into a race motor and are lighter. The up side to a KL-ZE is bore n stroke that B*#%h to a 3.0 with a set of mild Super High lift cams, 9.0:1 compression, aluminum intake manifold, inconnel turbo manifold, GT 42RS turbo with .82 A/R exhaust housing....so how many banks did you say you knocked off??? :wink: Joking...thats one of the builds I'd like to do but I don't rob banks either :pimp:

If you need custom parts, hit me up.

If your looking to stay with stock components the GTR will crush a KL-ZE...my stock bottom end B6T w/ small B6 rods made around 400WHP and lived for a lil over 10,000miles of daily driven torture! The GTRs will hold 400WHP all day long for a much longer time period due to much stronger rods.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
WingleBeast

Post by WingleBeast »

i wish i robbed banks, then i can afford to get the crank for my 2.0 stroked BP....

see if anyone elts on the boards gonna get one of those...
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

I would say get a bpt gtr. But I think thats because I have one and it seems me an natural born honda killer are the only ones on here that bumped into one. You can always bug http://www.corksport.com or http://www.jdmenginedepot.com and see if they can find you one. They both have really good connections in Japan. I got mine from http://www.jdmenginedepot.com
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
KJ

Post by KJ »

Well i have made a decision thanks to you guys. I have another car already so the mx-3 i have is just a weekend/track car anyway. Like i said i have a BPT GTR on order it should be here tomorrow (but it will make the 4th GTR that i have had shipped lol). I have always been into the 4 banger class that is just me i guess wanting to pull more whp out of the little guys. So i have decided to take the extra 3000 and put it into buying better parts,turbo, etc.. For my GTR if it ever comes :shock: So that being said i might have a post coming soon on the selling forum of the other mx-3 it would definetely make someone a nice ride. Thanks for your comments/opinions.

KJ
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

if its a real GTR then you can make almost 300 WHP with the turbo on it. i would put that extra money into tec 3 stand alone, and suspension. sounds like a waist, but its definatly worth it, and the better tunned it is the more power your going to make. the intake manifold and exhaust manafold from the GTR flow just as good as aftermarket manis do. i would stick with them, and the VJ23 is a bb turbo, it makes gobs of power.

just my thoughts

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”