Going to Cali 20 hr drive an suggestions?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

Im planning on stopping about every 4 hrs for 20-30 min or so to let it rest and cool down a bit

I will change my oil with mobil 1 10w40 cause i burn a bit of oil its what i normally run

change filter run an engine flush

I run a little rich since i put in my cia should i change it out for oem?

Any suggestions helps a lot. I dont wanna kill my engine just yet.... :o
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

it should make it :) make sure you got the oil changerd, check ALL tires.. carry a spare. Make sure you know where u are going. Carry extra cash in case something happens..you never know. You should be fine. Cai shouldnt affect it :) Long mx3 trips can be tiring on my back but its fun. Ive dont it before. only it was 8 hrs away. Made it to and back . :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

cool thanks
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Check water in radiator too, brake fluid and power steering.
The car should be more than fine. Freeway trips are alot easier on the car than city driving.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

disconnect your temp sensor so that your fans turn on ........help you saty cooler have fun....its cali so dont get shot
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:its cali so dont get shot
huh?
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Why are you going to continually stop and let it cool? Heat cylcing would just make it more prone to problems. Freeway travel is easy on the car, and it keeps the radiator nice and cool. Just stop for gas and hop up on coffee and sugar at each stop and blast all the way through the trip.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

oh go by a radar detector or jammer haha..you'll get there alot quicker.

Yeah, i took an 8 hour trip once, its pretty good, just make sure you don't get into "the zone" or else you'll fall asleep.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Bring a extra pillow/blanket or something for the back
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

20 hours straight is tough and dangerous. I would do like a 12 the first day just sleep in the car at a truck/rest stop, and then 8 the second.

I would take some tools as well, in case you toss a belt or something. I like to be overprepared tho...

EDIT: Bring lots and lots of music, and to help stay awake I like to eat sunflower seeds, just crack the bag when you start to get the nods.
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

mr1in6billion wrote:
huh?
DONT GET SHOT IN CALI!!!! NO WEARING RED NO WEARING BLUE
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
Cy

Post by Cy »

Windows down, Music up, Fans on High (A/C off)...You'll never fall asleep..

Also remember it takes 5 times more energy to move our cars 100mph then it does to move them @ 60..

So even though going 130-140km will get you there quicker.. it'll cost alot more..

Keep it 100-120km..save you losta $$
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:
mr1in6billion wrote:
huh?
That is the most retarded thing ever :roll: gang violence between Surenos and Nortenios only happens on about 4 straight blocks. If you walk 20 feet east or west no one will care. The gangs are just a bunch of kids and they will only attack you between 6-12pm if you are under 25 and by yourself wearing all one color, and if you fight back they'll generally give up. The only people who fit that criteria are opposing gang members, which is why normal people can walk down gang infested areas and not give a damn.

Anyboot..

Enjoy Cali. There is a great bookstore Portland Oregon you should check out. The Space Needle in Seattle is pretty awsome. Mount Shasta is cool (you can see active lava, which is pretty wierd). It's a great drive with lots of stuff in the middle, you should take your time. How far into Cali are you going to get?
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

mr1in6billion wrote:
PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:
mr1in6billion wrote: huh?
That is the most retarded thing ever :roll: gang violence between Surenos and Nortenios only happens on about 4 straight blocks. If you walk 20 feet east or west no one will care. The gangs are just a bunch of kids and they will only attack you between 6-12pm if you are under 25 and by yourself wearing all one color, and if you fight back they'll generally give up. The only people who fit that criteria are opposing gang members, which is why normal people can walk down gang infested areas and not give a damn.

cool deal man when you go to cali let me know maybe you can stop by see some of my hommies in fillmore or santa maria so you can go back home in black bag and i can have another mx 8)
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:
mr1in6billion wrote:
PWRD_BY_HKS wrote: DONT GET SHOT IN CALI!!!! NO WEARING RED NO WEARING BLUE
cool deal man when you go to cali let me know maybe you can stop by see some of my hommies in fillmore or santa maria so you can go back home in black bag and i can have another mx 8)
:roll: b----, I live in cali. :roll:
Yes, LA is a little worse, but it's pretty obvious what parts to stay out of. It's like walking alone down a dark alley in the ghetto, everyone knows not too. I drive a red car and I visit my friend who lives in the center of blue town all the time. I've only been hassled twice and each time I just laughed at them (all 10 to 12 of them) got in my car and drove off. So why don't you get on your horse, herd some cattle, and pick me up some salsa on your way back to the hacienda.

I've vacationed in over 25 states and 2 providences and the only place that is close to being as nice as california is bc, so BornSticky should feel right at home here.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”