What would it Take?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
93_4Banger

What would it Take?

Post by 93_4Banger »

Ok im getting a BP for grad and planning on turboing.

Im currently just doing lots of research on set-ups and other turbo things and sourcing out parts.

I was wondering what you would need to do to make 300hp out of a BP thats turboed!!!!

please everyone give some input
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

o o o i got the anser to this one...

CASH!!!

Bochek.
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

i love when little punks give stupid answers thanx for that anyone else
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

93_4Banger wrote:i love when little punks give stupid answers thanx for that anyone else
geesh, i was just jokin around, im sure someone will have your answer, but i don't. im actually intrested in the answer to this too.

Bochek
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

bochek right for a 300hp bp ur going to have to spend $$$ with 300whp it should get u a low 12 sec. mx-3 depend on driver skill. read what racingmazda doing. they have a 475whp@18psi mx-3.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

well if your gonna be asking for 300hp by adding boost/nitrouse your gonna have to redo your internals. Sure you could get 300hp on stock, but it woudlnt' last long. Spend the money right and get new connecting rods, new pistons, and all that jazz...

ask baby blue about builing up an engine for higher boost...but don't fry it.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Minimonster

Post by Minimonster »

Vanished wrote:well if your gonna be asking for 300hp by adding boost/nitrouse your gonna have to redo your internals. Sure you could get 300hp on stock, but it woudlnt' last long.
Not true on that part of the statement. However the secong part was close. I you get a good engine management, you can have that stock engine last for ever at 350 WHP on boost. Its all about the control. Without that you can easily kill even a built engine at low boost of low hp.

Start with that and you will find out that you dont have to buy lots of the little trinkets (sp) to BS with.
Proud builder of
455 hp Miata 10.98@125mph
MX-3 RS 25 psi 451 hp
MX-6 F2T 12.8 @ 112 mph
(Current Project) A 700 hp MX-3 now at 475 hp
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

awesome well i plan on using MSnS so the management should be fine and so it should be quite easy to reach my goal of at least 300whp
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

93_4Banger wrote:awesome well i plan on using MSnS so the management should be fine and so it should be quite easy to reach my goal of at least 300whp
protect your investment, get a emanage or something better then the MSnS

Bochek
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

I dunno about you Bochek, but I was always under the impression that MSnS was the best you can get as far as management. Granted it doesn't have that nifty little auto-tune feature like the e-manage, but if you know what you're doing, MSnS can give you mroe control because it has way more features.

-Curt-
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
Minimonster

Post by Minimonster »

Bochek wrote:
93_4Banger wrote:awesome well i plan on using MSnS so the management should be fine and so it should be quite easy to reach my goal of at least 300whp
protect your investment, get a emanage or something better then the MSnS

Bochek
I you have the money, I would go better than both of those 2 units. Then its a garantee. Hell I made 455 on the stock BP long block.
Proud builder of
455 hp Miata 10.98@125mph
MX-3 RS 25 psi 451 hp
MX-6 F2T 12.8 @ 112 mph
(Current Project) A 700 hp MX-3 now at 475 hp
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

Ya what engine management would you sugggest i want standalone not some greddy piggyback thats gunna crap out after awhile but MSnS is in my price range but let me know. And Bochek could you please just stay out of this thread because your struggling with your knowledge.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

93_4Banger wrote:Ya what engine management would you sugggest i want standalone not some greddy piggyback thats gunna crap out after awhile but MSnS is in my price range but let me know. And Bochek could you please just stay out of this thread because your struggling with your knowledge.
you can get a base SDS (simple digital systems) unit for under a grand. great system, comes with its own controllable LCD display. thats what i got for my new 2.0BP motor. i have heard nothing but good things. its cheeper than the Haltech too.

you can totally run 300 WHP on stock inturnals all day long as a daily driver too, as long as its tuned properly. the N/A BP rods hit a braking point at about 29 psi of boost. then it good bie rod.
but all you really need is a bigger turbo, nice free flowing exhaust, fuel, and fuel management and you can get there easily. if you contact Bugs he might have another VF12 laying around. easily creates 300 WHP on an N/A BP at about 15 to 18 PSI.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

Jacbs2007 wrote:I dunno about you Bochek, but I was always under the impression that MSnS was the best you can get as far as management. Granted it doesn't have that nifty little auto-tune feature like the e-manage, but if you know what you're doing, MSnS can give you mroe control because it has way more features.

-Curt-
I was allways under the impression that the MSnS was a easy way to controll your fuel and spark, but not the best way. To me the haltech e6x or the Emanage Ultimate (not just the basic emanage) was a better choice, granted i havent bought any of these yet. But im good friends with the owner of the local tuner shop and the only dyno in the area, and he swears by the Emanage Ultimate.

Just my opinion.
Minimonster wrote: I you have the money, I would go better than both of those 2 units. Then its a garantee. Hell I made 455 on the stock BP long block.
Then what would you choose?
93_4Banger wrote:Ya what engine management would you sugggest i want standalone not some greddy piggyback thats gunna crap out after awhile but MSnS is in my price range but let me know. And Bochek could you please just stay out of this thread because your struggling with your knowledge.
Emanage Ultimate is a Standalone.

And what knowledge am i lacking so far?

Bochek
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Again i got to support MSnS it has worked nearly flaswlessly for me, only errors i had were operatetor errors : P. I think for the price u cant really go wrong.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.

Return to “Forced Induction”