Sprayed my car for the first time tonight....

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
2.5mazda

Sprayed my car for the first time tonight....

Post by 2.5mazda »

And I about crapped my pants. My KLDE on a 50 shot ran so hard I couldnt beleive it. I have 205 16's and it buttered them over like they were 12 inch wheels!!! I am a true beleiver in nitrous now, I am never going with anything else. I know what I want to do now. Build a nitrous motor.

For now though, I am going to the track Saturday, putting in a 75shot pill and lowering the air pressure down a bit in the tires. The clutch held great, banged every gear, and the engine ran better and smoother on spray than without. :wink: I am finally satisfied with this car for the first time.
http://www.streetpsi.net

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hey where did u get the kit!!! how much?? show me!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

Well, I bought the NX soilenoid from a local performance shop for 100.00, then went to a local shop called custom hose and bought the steel braded line for 80.00, then went to a buddys house and bought his bottle and brackets, then bought the switch and nitrous jets from the performance shop. I just peiced it together, but you can buy it all together.

You could just buy a kit on ebay or anywhere. There isnt a certain kit for a certain car or anything. I got a DRY setup, which I like because it is simpler to deal with and IMO just as reliable if you set it up right. 8)

Best investment yet. :wink:

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Ill be curious to know what kind of times you run once you get to the track????

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

I am hoping 14.00 consistently. 8)

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I had nitrous on the ZE and man did that thing come alive. If you up the shot to 75 I'd recommend adding a coldstart injector which you can tap off the n2o solenoid. Remember nitrous doesn't make power, fuel does.

Also did you put colder plugs in?
Slammed6

Re: Sprayed my car for the first time tonight....

Post by Slammed6 »

2.5mazda wrote: For now though, I am going to the track Saturday, putting in a 75shot pill and lowering the air pressure down a bit in the tires.

You could just buy a kit on ebay or anywhere. There isnt a certain kit for a certain car or anything. I got a DRY setup, which I like because it is simpler to deal with and IMO just as reliable if you set it up right
1st off i am glad your up and going on nitrous. :tup:

I know your eager, but do not jump that fast to a 75-shot, run it a couple times and then pull your plugs and check and make sure your not running lean...or do you have a way to monitor air/fuel??

A DRY kit is not simpler to deal with...the WET kit is safer and takes the same amount of time to install. Since you pieced it together i hope you tapped into the FPR to bump the appropriate fuel that is needed...right?

Also i hope you dont have the 180cc injectors in your car with that dry setup. Even with the 220cc i would be cautious. And i would definately stay away from going to a 75-shot with no fuel pump. That is not smart.

Remember nitrous doesn't make power, fuel does.
Thats the most important thing to remember when u are using nitrous.
Also did you put colder plugs in?
great question...also are they gapped down??
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, I regulated it so much that it rumbles at low RPMS and a puff of blackish smoke when I shift. I am getting maybe 15 MPG this way. Another thing, I have always used dry kists, My hondas always loved them, and another thing, I sprayed it a total of 10 times this weekend. I even screwed up a couple times taking it to 7000 rpms. Nothing got hurt, runs good still. Why on earth would I run the stock fuel pressure?
anyway, if you are thinking about spray, think no more, just do it, you will thank yourself later. :wink:

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

where did u gvet the fpr
?? im wanting to get one to make it run more leaner.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

I made it

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

hgallegos915 wrote:where did u gvet the fpr
?? im wanting to get one to make it run more leaner.
All over the internet..
1993 MX-3 GS-SE -> Leather Interior, HEI Mod, Blaster 2 coil, NGK spark wires, Cold Air Intake, Underbody kit, Strut bar, Iridium plugs, Phoenix Gold amp 400w, Bazooka 12" sub-> 62,000 miles and still going ? Amazing lol..

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”